Location: Flexible – able to commute to Edinburgh/Dunfermline/Perth
Contract: 12 month fixed term
The OVO Group’s mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach zero, we need everyone to come together. Not as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal.
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are phenomenal tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel passionate about our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, you will be a key member of the Home Services Commercial Finance function, playing a vital role in building, maintaining and driving financial insight through the ownership of Financial Modelling and Budgeting for OVO Home Services.
The successful candidate has an outstanding opportunity to join a growing business and develop robust financial models for budgeting, strategic planning and commercial financial analysis supporting and influencing the Home Services broader strategic objectives.
The Finance Team’s objectives are:
- Get the Basics Right: Pursue opportunities to drive alliances, economies of scale and service delivery improvement through centralisation of common activities across the businesses. Drive better processes and governance to build a culture of personal responsibility over spend
- Drive Simplicity: Develop and implement a single Finance Operating Model to aid the simplification and harmonisation of activities and processes. Drive informed investment decisions, performance and capital allocations across the group
- Deliver Plan Zero: Build lean and effective organisations with renewed focus on talent investment to empower people considering development and career potential
What will I be doing?
In this role you will be responsible for
- Financial Planning: Producing budgets, quarterly forecasting and 3 year plans working closely with key business stakeholders and OVO Finance
- Cash Management: Managing Home Services working capital forecast liaising closely with Treasury
- Reviewing financial, management and critical metric reporting and understanding how this impacts the financial budgeting and strategic planning.
- Providing insightful financial analysis working closely with the Commercial, Product, Data & Insight functions to support business decision making
- Build positive relationships across business areas, Commercial Finance, FP&A, Accounting & Reporting, functions and third party stakeholders.
Is this the job for me?
Ideally you will:
- Have at least 2 years post qualification experience (ICAS, CIMA or equivalent), ideally in a commercial business environment developing and maintaining financial models.
- Be highly numerate, with a minimum 2.1 university degree, ideally in a numerate field
- Be comfortable operating in an environment of high growth and rapid change
- Be able to apply analytical skills beyond the traditional functions of finance and bring them to bear on a broad range of commercial issues
- Have strong Excel financial modeling techniques, and be comfortable building and maintaining financial models
- Are comfortable communicating with, and presenting to, senior business leaders
Other qualities and experience which would be beneficial include:
- Have experience in building and running database/SQL/Macro queries
- Experience within the financial services, technology or services sectors
OVO believes in fueling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo.
From us you’ll get*
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- And many more…
- (*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date
Diverse teams are the best teams
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds: the more inclusive we are the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.