Finance business partners are finance professionals who work closely with the business to create a real and active partnership, driving value through their analytical rigour and financial analysis. Their role is to provide strategic advice and analytical support to the management team, while closely integrated into the broader Finance organisation (eg. Management Reporting, Accounting, BI).
You will be working within Kaluza helping us shaping the future. We offer a distributed, consumer-centric energy system providing clean, affordable energy for everyone. Orion is our flexible software platform which enables energy suppliers to provide a simple, transparent, reliable experience to their customers. This role will see you reporting directly to the Head of Finance. The Finance Team’s objectives are:
- Strategic value; to help build and execute an action plan and to drive Kaluza to its long term commercial and strategic objectives.
- Planning; we need to allocate future resources beneficially to Kaluza and to introduce clear frameworks to measure ROI
- Financial Control; to ensure Kaluza’s resources are directed, monitored and measured in an accurate and timely manner and to maintain a ‘No Surprises Environment’
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance;
- Providing analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies;
- Providing effective commercial challenge, or initiating change, to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are delivered;
- Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams; and
- Helping teams to build business cases and monitor financial forecasts and ensure this is fed back to the main financial model
The ideal candidate should have a background which reflects some or all of the following elements:
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing, high growth environment and who is comfortable proposing, justifying, initiating and implementing change. Experience with navigating technology teams (with product managers, data scientists and engineers)
- Strong presentation, relationship building, negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills with senior stakeholders.
- An excellent project manager as well as a creative thinker. This is a role that calls for both a starter and a coordinator.
- Able to apply analytical skills (across Google docs, Excel, Tableau, SQL) beyond the traditional functions of finance and to bring them to bear on a broad range of commercial issues.
You should be diligent with a preference for attention to detail, and be willing to dig and investigate at depth to resolve problems. You should also be team-oriented with a demonstrated track record in coaching.
At least 5 years professional experience, including at least 2 years post qualification experience (for qualified candidates) in a role with significant exposure to energy and technology businesses, either in industry or practice.
OVO believes in fuelling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to challenge the status quo: to be the good ones, always find a way, and build something great. We embrace simplicity, transparency, and treating people and our planet fairly. And we understand that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so our people will always share in our success. Our benefits are nice too.
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity: the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential
Additional Application Instructions
Please mention For Purpose Jobs in your application.