Use your finance skills to create a better world.
We are a rapidly growing sustainable office furniture company creating beautiful offices at 80% less environmental impact and half the cost of furniture made from virgin resources.
We are looking for a Finance Manager, who will report directly to the Managing Director, to help grow the company, including through international expansion.
About the Company:
Our ambition is to become a global office furniture and office design company though our circular economy business model that is creating a positive impact on the world and creating sustainable competitive advantages for us.
The company grew revenues by 80% and was profitable in 2020, despite COVID, and we are aiming to continue our rapid growth. We plan to set up our first overseas presence in Europe in 2022/23 and, following that, expand into more European countries. We are currently closing a funding round and will likely raise more before a trade sale or floatation in the longer term. The Finance Manager will be heavily involved in these activities.
For more information about Rype Office please visit our website: www.rypeoffice.com Position:
The role requires a forward-thinking, proactive individual excited by the prospect of the journey ahead. This is a vital and challenging role within a business that is reinventing its sector. It comes with a high level of autonomy and an unrivalled opportunity to influence future business decisions and develop a long-term career.
This role will best suit those individuals who are looking for a role with a high level of diversity and the opportunity to challenge the status quo to create a better world.
Like the rest of the management team, you will roll your sleeves up to get the basics done when needed, while shaping a strategy that extends our first mover advantage into new sectors, channels and geographies to disrupt a $52B p.a. industry.
Perhaps you are now constrained in an accounting/finance role in a large corporate or work within a mid-sized company that is not growing quickly enough to provide the opportunities you are seeking.
The successful candidate will be:
▪ Passionate about creating a more sustainable world
- ▪ Well organised, able to work on multiple workstreams in parallel while using a structured approach to deliver on every promise
- ▪ Commercially astute with strong attention to detail The role will include:
- Leading the analysis of monthly and quarterly numbers and presenting findings to the leadership team
- Preparing monthly management accounts, preparation of the annual budget, and cash forecasts as required
- Preparing annual accounts, corporation tax returns and reporting to Companies House
- Fundraising and debt raising when required, including maintaining our register of
- Managing the company’s EMI share option scheme
- Providing back office services such as accounts payable, collection, expenses management,
bookkeeping and payroll
- Involvement in grant applications
- Supplier spend reviews
- Modelling and analysis of activities and commercial deals
- Pricing reviews (including checking competitor prices and setting margins so the business is
- Reviewing proposal prices before submission
- Establishing more efficient financial processes
The successful candidate will have:
- Full accounting qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- A degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- Several years of experience in a finance role
- Superior mathematical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office with high competence in Excel
- Experience of AP and AR
- Experience producing budgets up to multi-millions
- Experience of, or clear understanding of what might be involved in an exit and establishing
- Ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships with other
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience in the furniture or construction sectors would be well received, but is not essential. Fluency in Dutch, German and/or French would also be well received.
You will be based at Rype Office’s premises in West London with the ability to work from home several days per week.
Your salary will be competitive and depend on experience and your package will include share options.
Send your application, comprising a CV and a cover letter highlighting your commercial experience addressing the responsibilities outlined in this job description, to Dr Greg Lavery at email@example.com.