Finance Manager (12 Month FTC)
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
This role is in the Accounting & Reporting team within Finance. The Finance Team’s objectives are:
- Get the Basics Right: Pursue opportunities to drive synergies, economies of scale and service delivery improvement through centralisation of common activities across the businesses. Drive better processes and governance to create a culture of personal responsibility over spend
- Drive Simplicity: Develop and implement a single Finance Operating Model to aid the simplification and harmonisation of activities and processes. Drive informed investment decisions, performance and capital allocations across the group
- Deliver Plan Zero: Create lean and effective organisations with renewed focus on talent investment to empower people considering development and career potential
What will I be doing?
In this role you will be responsible for:
- A controlled delivery of the month end reporting cycle whilst looking to drive efficiencies as much as possible
- Improving the impact and understanding of Metering (Smart Installations and Meter Rental) within OVO, ensuring a consistent basis of prep between actuals, forecasts and historic energy brands.
- Integration: driving a consistent way of working as we bring the OVO & SSE teams closer together (currently working across two finance systems)
- Maintain robust balance sheet control: working closely with the asset management team re reconciling the stock balance and revenue recognition (both install numbers and sale of meters onto MAPs)
- Providing reporting and analysis that delivers insight into the financial performance of the Metering business, linking the financials to underlying business drivers
- Responsibility for empowering a team of five that delivers on above
- Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all relevant senior managers and their teams
- Helping other teams in their Metering requirements
- Developing individuals and driving a culture of change for “Finance as the Place to Be” to progress, feel empowered and have ownership
Is this the job for me?
This role requires a background which reflects some or all of the following behaviours:
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- A proactive and inquisitive approach demonstrating initiative
- Being creative and solution orientated driving value creation through simplification
- Challenge ways of working and drive to best practice
- A desire to continually seek out improvements in all areas of the role
You should also be team-oriented with a demonstrated track record in people management and coaching.
Ideally you will have:
- At least 6 years professional experience, including at least 3 years post qualification experience in a role with significant exposure to energy (ideally Metering) either in industry or practice.
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.