OVO Group’s mission is to power human progress with clean affordable energy for everyone – by driving progress towards zero carbon living.
Our energy and technology companies are working together to lower our collective carbon emissions to net zero by 2030, help our members halve theirs at the same time – and support everyone we work with on their journey to zero carbon.
We’re building a zero-carbon team, inside and out. Of those who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and trust us to lead the way to zero. When you work for OVO Group, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help. Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You’ll be working as part of the Finance Team where our objectives are:
- Get the Basics Right: Pursue opportunities to drive alignments, economies of scale and service delivery improvement through centralisation of common activities across the businesses. Drive better processes and governance to create a culture of personal responsibility over spend
- Drive Simplicity: Develop and implement a single Finance Operating Model to aid the simplification and harmonisation of activities and processes. Drive informed investment decisions, performance and capital allocations across the group
- Deliver Plan Zero: Create lean and effective organisations with renewed focus on talent investment to empower people considering development and career potential
What will I be doing?
Reporting into the Head of Group Reporting and Technical Accounting, you will have responsibility for supporting both external reporting and the internal technical agenda. You will support the Group audit process and preparation of Group financial statements. Simple solutions aren’t quick or easy to find, they take time and resourcefulness; Our people work to find an answer that helps us ‘build something great’.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with production IFRS consolidated results for monthly, quarterly and annual external reporting.
- Assisting with the production of annual statutory accounts along with detailed note workings and coordination with the external auditors.
- Supporting local entities with IFRS reporting and transitioning new standards and accounting policies.
- Supporting the Senior Group Reporting Manager in developing efficient processes and systems to support the growth of the business.
- Technical accounting support for the Group, assisting with ad hoc requests and planned delivery of technical accounting projects.
Is this the job for me?
As well as being a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with a wealth of professional experience, you’ll have experience of accounting and company administration, preferably in multiple jurisdictions.
You’ll be a great teammate – an open communicator and collaborator – keeping colleagues up-to-date, sharing and learning without prompting. You would describe yourself as having a high degree of initiative and a commercial, entrepreneurial mentality.
You don’t need to have previous experience within the energy industry but you’ll be passionate about renewable energy and consumer businesses.
Life at OVO is pretty fast-paced so you’ll be comfortable working in a dynamic high growth business. You’re confident working in a constantly evolving environment and are comfortable proposing, justifying, initiating and implementing change.
From us you’ll get
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.