To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
We are searching for a Financial & Commercial Analyst – UK&I based from any of our UK Offices such as Kings Langley (25 minutes from London Euston) or Glasgow.
What we offer you……
As a company, leading the way to ensure everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy, RES is proud of its diverse workforce and supports a healthy work-life balance. We offer a competitive salary, private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell 5 days per annum, enhanced family leave and 4 volunteering days.
This is an entry-level position offering the chance to impact the financial and commercial decisions of a vision-driven company at the forefront of the transition to zero carbon energy. It is an opportunity to build or enhance the full range of competencies needed for a financial and/or commercial career in renewable energy. It requires excellent numeracy and modelling ability, the diligence to deliver timely and accurate analysis, the curiosity to extract insight, and the ability to find solutions to commercial challenges. It will appeal to recent graduates or early-career professionals with a passion for renewable energy and a desire to make a positive impact on the world.
RES is driven by the vision to create a future where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. We are the world’s largest independent renewable energy company, and lead in development, construction and operation of renewable energy projects. We have a technology focus on wind, solar, energy storage and energy networks. We are active in 10 countries, have developed and/or constructed 18GW of projects, and manage 6GW of operational projects. We are a values-based company with values of Passion, Accountability, Collaboration and Excellence. We want people who share our vision and values to join us.
- Producing financial models for project, asset & company valuations
- Researching and producing market, strategic and competitor analysis
- Supporting negotiation of M&A transactions, power purchase agreements and other contracts
- Maintaining and challenging the assumptions used in financial modelling
- Supporting auction & tender bidding, business planning and strategy
- Analysing new business activities & acquisition opportunities
Growth & Development
RES believes in supporting our people to grow. The chosen applicant will be supported, through on-the-job development and professional training, to grow into the role and to grow beyond it into further responsibility. Support will include onboarding, mentoring, and experience of working with role-models across RES.
- High quality degree
- Excellent numeracy and analytic ability along with attention to detail
- Understanding of financial concepts, e.g., discounted cash-flow models
- Strong Excel skills (or other demonstrable modelling skills), preferably with experience or coursework in financial modelling
- Commercial mindset, e.g., the ability to consider how a contract could achieve good risk-reward balance
- Demonstrable alignment with RES values of Passion, Accountability, Collaboration and Excellence
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Desire to create a career in renewable energy
- Experience in a financial, commercial and/or renewable energy role is a bonus but not a requirement.
This role sits in RES’ UK&I Commercial team. This team provides commercial services to other units in RES’s UK&I business (Development, Construction, Operations, and Asset Management) with the aim of maximizing value and achieving attractive risk-reward balance across projects and contracts. These services include:
- Financial modelling of wind, solar and storage projects to support decisions during project development and participation in revenue contract auctions;
- Marketing of projects to potential buyers (typically leading infrastructure investment funds or energy utilities) and management of M&A transactions
- Securing route to market contracts (e.g., through auctions run by Governments or large corporates), power purchase agreements and other revenue contracts
- Analysis and negotiation of service contracts, e.g., with investment fund counterparties, to asset manage or provide operations & maintenance services for wind, solar and storage assets
- Strategic, market and risk analysis
- Maintaining excellent, trust-based relationships with key stakeholders across the industry – investment funds, electricity off-takers, Government, trade-bodies, energy networks companies, market analytics providers etc.
The Financial & Commercial Analyst role provides the opportunity to gain experience in all these areas.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.