To apply for this job please visit www.desolenator.com.
By 2030, the UN estimates that 50% of the global population will not have reliable access to clean drinking water. In addition, the way we make and move water today is detrimental to our planet and results in a high total carbon footprint.
Desolenator uses solar energy to purify complex water sources into clean water. This is also a new approach that disrupts the traditional water supply chain: decentralised, regenerative, ocean-safe and 100% solar-powered.
We are constructing our first large-scale pilot plants, based in Dubai and India.
To support our growing team we seek a part-time Financial Controller based in Maastricht. This is a unique opportunity to join a young and purpose-driven team as we move from start-up into scale-up. You will have the opportunity to help us create structures and controls to support our growth while maintaining agility, passion and fun. We anticipate that the perfect candidate would be required to work about 24 hours a week, partially remotely and partially on site. There is opportunity to grow with the business.
In the position of Financial Controller you will be responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of financial reports, maintenance of our cloud-based accounting system, payroll, fx, tax, pensions, etc. In addition, you would set-out to create a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, manage cash, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with Dutch GAAP.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for:
- Full financial statement responsibility, including month end close procedures, bank and account reconciliations, and preparation of Balance Sheet, P&L and Income Statement.
- Daily cash flow management including timely payment of accounts payable and receipt of accounts receivable.
- Payroll processing, recording, and reconciliation and PAYE.
- Preparation of annual budget and monthly review of budget to actual results.
- Preparation and filing of sales tax and various other taxes, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual worker’s compensation payroll audit, insurance, etc.
- Act as a liaison between the company and CPA firm for annual Financial Report, KVK and tax filings
- Maintain our cloud-based accounting system (Xero) transactions.
- Maintain and modify the chart of accounts as necessary.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Liaison with KVK, tax officials, payroll company
Required Qualifications & Attributes
- HBO or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
- Certificate in Financial Controlling an advantage.
- At least 5 years previous audit, general ledger or bookkeeper experience with an SME
- Proficient with English, QuickBooks and Excel.
- Experience with online filings and related tax matters.
- Comfortable using electronic bill pay and communication methods.
- Strong sense of fiscal responsibility.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Superior leadership, time management, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Commitment to tackling the water crisis