About the role
Triodos Bank is one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental, and cultural change. This is an exciting time for the right professional with a strong commitment to our mission to join a growing and successful bank. We are pleased to be recruiting for a Financial Controller to join our Finance team! Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer (CFO), the Financial Controller will own the financial control framework and oversee the operation of financial controls across the UK bank.
Financial Reporting & Control
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the General Ledger
- Ensure financial transactions comply with relevant accounting standards for Head Office reporting
- Ensure financial transactions comply with relevant accounting standards for Local reporting
- Ensure controls and processes for ensuring the day-to-day integrity of the financial records are documented, performed and effective
Management Accounts and Reporting
- Responsible for production of monthly management accounts for the UK Core Management Team to the bank’s reporting timetable, with accompanying analysis and commentary
- Responsible for submitting monthly reports required by Head Office
- Responsible for overseeing the provision of appropriate management information to cost centre managers, including comparisons with budget and help with understanding the management information
- Responsible for preparation of the half-year and year-end audit files for the bank and answering audit queries as required
- Responsible for production of annual and half-yearly statutory accounts in accordance with IFRS
- Responsible for the production and maintenance of the local accounting manual under IFRS
- Responsible for the reconciliation between Group reporting under Dutch GAAP to UK reporting under IFRS
- Responsible for ensuring financial data is available for Regulatory reporting purposes for submission to the Regulatory Reporting Manager
- Responsible for monitoring and challenging efficiency delivery
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a cost management framework to support the business strategy and planning cycle
- Responsible for collating business-wide costs for submission to the budgetary and forecasting process
- Make sure liquidity placements are reconciled to supporting evidence (including approved deal mandate, confirmation, and bank records)
- Responsible for maintenance of liquidity placement records
- Responsible for ensuring an appropriate bank mandate structure and process is in place and communicated to the business
Other financial controls
- Owns the financial control framework and oversee the operation of financial controls across the bank
- Responsible for controls over data quality from source systems used for financial reporting purposes
- Responsible for management of the purchase ledger and sales ledger
- Prepare information for production of statutory accounts for Triodos Investments, a UK subsidiary company of Triodos Ventures NV
Triodos Bank is proud of its culture, ethos, and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values.
It is essential to have an appropriate accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) and several years post qualification experience, which includes experience of managing a Finance team and of financial and management reporting and key controls. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft packages, especially Excel, is also important. At least some level of Financial Services experience is highly desirable.
What we offer
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will be rewarded with a salary of up to £80,000 (depending on experience). We believe people should be properly and appropriately paid for their work but that there should also be a fair distribution of the value the bank generates, which is why we do not have performance related pay or bonuses. Instead, we have an extensive benefits package where most of our benefits are non-contributory. Our benefits include:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection – 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 3 months
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum with additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE) to maximum of 30 days
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
Triodos Bank is proud to be using Rare’s Contextual Recruitment System (CRS) which allows us to consider applicants’ achievements in the context in which they were gained. We understand that not every candidate’s achievements look the same on paper – and we want to recruit the best people, from every background. Once you’ve submitted your application to us, please make sure to check your inbox, and or junk folder, for an email with a link to the CRS form.
Triodos embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and a Disability Confident “Committed” employer. Should you wish to discuss flexibility in any way, please do let us know in your application.
This role is designated as a Certified Function within the Senior Managers and Certification Regime under the category “Significant Management” because the role as a direct report of a Senior Manager Function role in the UK has a high level of responsibility and autonomy of action within the authority delegated to it, which has the potential to cause “significant harm” to the firm or its customers.
Closing Date: 9/6/21
27 May 2021