To apply for this job please visit thebigissue.livevacancies.co.uk.
One Year Fixed Term Contract
Based in Cardiff
35 hours per week
Salary on application
Here at The Big Issue, we view financial and digital skills, access, and education as essential for our vendors to move forward in life. In this newly created role, the successful candidate will be the lynchpin for driving forward the financial and digital inclusion agenda at The Big Issue acting as the critical link between the Frontline and other key business units to ensure successful project management and delivery.
This role is offered on a fixed term contract basis for one year and will based in Cardiff.
Responsible for planning, monitoring, delivering and reporting on key strategic financial and digital inclusion projects, you will make sure the projects are delivered on time and within budget. This will include the design and implementation of a financial and digital skills programme, national implementation of cashless payment solutions for vendors, launch and implementation of the vendor e-wallet and the roll out of a digital sales interface.
- Proven work experience of working within a project management capacity
- Experience in working to promote and develop digital inclusion amongst marginalised groups
- You possess excellent skills gained whilst working with homeless or socially excluded individuals
- You are comfortable and confident with innovation. You embrace change and love new ideas, whilst seeing the value in revisiting some of those ideas and initiatives that have come before
- Experience of problem-solving – you thrive on finding solutions to challenges and can work comfortably in an everchanging landscape
- You value diversity and understand the huge benefits that diversity brings in generating innovative new ideas from fresh and new perspectives and how it helps build a world that works for everyone
For a full job description including the summary of responsibilities, skills, qualities and experience required for the role, please download from the link below.
Salary and Benefits
- A salary commensurate with the third sector, which can be confirmed on request
- Incremental holiday entitlement starting at 25 days per year plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff) plus paid leave to care for a sick child or grandchild and a sick or elderly relation
- Incremental sick pay starting at 5 days per rolling year
- Enhanced contribution to our workplace pension
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Training and development opportunities including an open learning library and management training schemes
- Health benefits include life cover, a Health Cashplan scheme which provides access to counselling and a range of therapies
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and amend our staff benefits and they do not form part of any contract of employment.
This role will be based in Cardiff
If you have any queries, please email HR stating the job title.
Closing date: 21st October 2020
The Big Issue is striving towards Equal Opportunities
We particularly welcome applications from those who are underrepresented in our sector, such as women in senior roles, and people with disabilities and from Black and Minority Ethnic communities.