Highview Power is a small but growing global organisation who are leading the way towards a cleaner, more efficient and secure energy future.
Our proprietary long duration, zero emissions energy storage system utilises cryogenic technology and surplus electricity; at times of low demand/low cost, to make liquid air which can be stored and later converted back into energy and released into the grid, at times of high demand/high cost.
This award-winning technology has been dubbed as “the missing link” to making Renewable Green Energy sources a more resilient, reliable and cost-effective option when compared with traditional fossil fuel alternatives.
Highview Power value their employees and are committed to creating a positive, inspiring and inclusive working environment.
About the Role
The Financial Modelling Analyst will report to the Business Analysis Manager and be based at our London offices as part of a small and diverse multicultural team whilst also working closely with our Business Development and Engineering teams.
The Financial Modelling Analyst will be an integral part of the Highview Power Finance team, helping to secure the world position as the leading supplier and developer of energy storage and grid-stability technology. The Financial Modelling Analyst will analyse the economics of prospective CRYOBattery™ projects and be a key player in converting and understanding our clients/markets needs into financial models that provide a clear picture of costs, prices and overall financial viability of our future projects. There will also be an opportunity for the successful candidate to be involved in the review and analysis of the Company’s annual business plan and corporate finance models, as well as the administration of the Company’s internal investment approval process.
In return, Highview Power will provide the successful candidate with training and development opportunities, competitive salary….. and the chance to join us while we build a cleaner, greener, better future for everyone.
- Build, run and maintain project financial models that help business developers and senior management understand the available financial returns of prospective projects in the pipeline of the business
- Keep up-to date with Global electricity market trends with the view to identify opportunities for Highview’s commercial-scale energy storage and grid-stability plants to be profitable occasionally liaising with business developers and analysts in our offices in USA and Spain
- Own knowledge base of financial/engineering assumptions that underpin our suite of financial models and conduct peer review of financial models by challenging the underlying assumptions
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis to other members of the analysis team
- Analyse and identify project risks including impact of regulatory changes and economic environment on prospective projects
- Assist in development of corporate financial model and support fundraise at both the corporate and project level
- Provide support in the administration of the internal investment appraisal processes, updating the Company’s Annual Business Plan and performing analysis using in-house corporate finance model
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of general tasks and duties, and that the job description may be subject to changes according to the requirements of the organisation. The job holder will be expected to complete all tasks within his/her level of skill and ability.
- A relevant quantitative BSc Degree
- Financial modelling experience gained from the energy industry
- Experience of supporting the creation and development of financial models for energy projects including operating and valuation models
- Experience of supporting the development of energy projects in terms of financing and investment including risk analysis such as sensitivity and scenario analysis
- Experience of creating presentations, spreadsheets and reports
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suit including PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- A relevant quantitative MSc Degree
- European language skills
- Sound knowledge of basic accounting
- Experience of supporting capital allocation
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels across the organisation
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage workload effectively and deliver quality work on time and to schedule
- Exceptional communication, organisational skills and the ability to perform in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Proactive and committed professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and a flexible approach
- Genuine interest in the environment, sustainability and renewable energy
- The chance to make a difference!
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave
- Auto enrolment pension (after 3 months’ service)
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Training & development opportunities