Onto is the all-inclusive electric car subscription changing the rules of the game for car ownership.
By 2030 the UK government has declared that all new cars must be electric. At Onto we believe that change can’t come soon enough and we want to give everyone the experience of driving an electric car whilst also doing the right thing for our planet.
Over the last 10 years, other industries such as media and food delivery have already shown that customers love the benefits of a subscription service. One industry that hasn’t moved forward so quickly is how people purchase cars. 2 out of 3 UK drivers want their next car to be electric, but it’s daunting. Last year out of the 2.3m cars sold in the UK, 90% of new cars in the UK were sold through finance, with a multi-year commitment, yet 70% of consumers decided against paying the final balloon payment to own the car at the end of the contract.
Drivers want more flexibility and the convenience of paying monthly but without long-term personal finance contracts or the hassle of arranging insurance, servicing, tax or repairs.
At Onto, for a flat monthly fee, customers get the latest electric cars with insurance, servicing, breakdown cover and free public charging at over 12,000 locations in the UK. There is no deposit and only a 1-month commitment. Hassle-free, emissions-free, and affordable driving.
How does it work? Simple. It’s a fully digital service. Sign up and we’ll deliver your car to your door within 72 hours. You just need to unlock your car with the Onto app and enjoy your drive!
Onto was formed in 2017 by co-founders Rob Jolly (CEO) and Dannan O’Meachair (VP People). Originally formed after Rob saw the challenge of converting people over to electric vehicles while working in the Corporate Strategy area of Jaguar Land Rover. After a few pivots in strategy and company name changes, Onto was born.
Join us on our mission of revolutionising the £2 trillion automotive industry!
The Fleet Analyst will be a key member of the Fleet team, reporting to the Fleet Planning and Analytics Manager and working closely with fleet procurement, car sales, fleet operations, finance and other teams in the business that depend on data analysis from the fleet team.
Who you are
- You are an expert in working with numbers and creating insights from them.
- You use tools such as MS Excel (expertise in VLookup, Pivot tables, string & date functions), SQL (PostgreSQL and familiarity with Metabase is preferable)
- You have a good understanding of cost/revenue analysis.
- You are excited to work with a scaleup and enjoy a combination of remote and on-site work when needed.
- You are adaptable to change.
What you will do
- Create, maintain and coordinate data files and reporting monthly for:
- Mileage update
- VIN Reg Update with DVLA
- Market value update with industry databases
- Maintain trends data for market values for current and upcoming models
- Maintain KPI files and dashboards
- Compare prices from competition in the market
- Support fleet purchase, rotation and sales plans
- Compare alternative purchase options within the same models
- Compare across models from different manufacturers
- Track performance of cars versus purchase assumptions
- Depreciation & Fleet valuation
- Update depreciation rate files for the whole fleet every quarter
- Update market value for the whole fleet and compare with book values from the finance team
- Prepare, maintain and coordinate data files with car sales team, operations, maintenance, logistics, marketing and finance
- Support ad hoc analysis for the fleet analytics team that include demand analysis, diagnostic data supported analysis of issues and impacts and scenario planning for remedial and improvement solutions.
As well as a competitive salary we provide a number of other benefits including:
- Onto car discount (via Salary Sacrifice) – become a customer and join the EV revolution
- £200 Annual Learning budget
- Summer and Christmas Party
- Quarterly off-sites and team building
- Small milestone gifts (Birthdays, Life Milestones, Work Milestones)
- Reward and Recognition monthly and every quarter for employees
- Discounts on retail, travel and cinema tickets through perks at work
- Shuttle bus & car available for staff from Kings Cross & the office
Salary: £38k – £42k based on experience