📍 Location: London / Remote in GMT+/-3 hours
⏰ Start Date: ASAP
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. Sylvera does this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes.
We also provide a holistic picture of offset projects, providing people with the information they need to make informed decisions.
By providing transparency, Sylvera intends to underpin functioning voluntary carbon markets. This will allow the market to scale to keep the planet under 2C of warming, and unlock huge co-benefits for nature and society.
What’s my impact?👩💻👨💻
The context is this: we are growing very fast after having raised money from Tier 1 investors in 2020. We have functional product prototype, customers, a backlog of customer requests and major partnerships. We need to scale even faster in 2021 and will be growing our engineering and product functions to deliver on commercial opportunities. We need someone who wants to take what they have learned in other fast growing startups, and be a lynchpin for our engineering function:
- Leading front end engineering, taking an MVP product to broad distribution, owning a critical part of the product’s execution.
- Working with our founders, product and engineering team to build products with the goal of delighting and increasing the success of our users.
- Architecting, building, testing, and releasing product-facing features.
What do I need? ❓
- Solid production experience with Next.js
- Built and worked with component libraries using tools such as Storybook
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies
- To be product oriented and cares about the needs of the user
- You practice Test Driven Development!
- Experience with CI/CD, Git, Jira
- Experience as a senior front-end engineer including mentoring junior devs
- Cares about the future of the planet and wants to solve climate change in the most high leverage way possible
Brownie Points 🍰
- Worked with mapping or spatial data, i.e. Mapbox, Leaflet or OpenLayers
- Worked in a fast growing, engineering oriented VC-backed startup Series A-C.
- Experience building enterprise software
- Any full stack experience is valuable, particularly NodeJS, Postgres
Feel free to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. As long as you’re a quick learner, and are excited about changing the carbon markets for the better, we’re happy to support you as you come up to speed with our tech stack.
Tech Stack 🔨
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Highly competitive, role also comes with employee equity.
You also get paid to save the world, alongside an amazing team, with a 50/50 gender balance and 12 nationalities.
NO AGENCIES THANKS