Electric cars are coming faster than most people can imagine. According to Stanford University, by 2025 there’ll be no new petrol or diesel cars in production. Just like the iPhone revolutionised phones, Tesla is revolutionising cars and it’s not just Tesla with so many manufacturers having great EVs.
Octopus Electric Vehicles was launched in 2018 to make it easy for individuals and businesses to make the transition to zero-carbon driving. Our mission is to drive sustainable change and provide our customers with fair pricing and a fantastic experience.
Every day, we bring together great offers on electric vehicles and everything needed to go with them: chargepoint installations for home and businesses, energy tariffs designed for EV drivers, and a free VIP support service from vehicle selection to each electric journey. We’ve already helped hundreds of drivers make the transition and we are looking forward to helping thousands more.
We also run events with businesses and communities to enable drivers and decision makers to get behind the wheel for themselves, and think through how electric driving could work for them.
Our group includes Octopus Energy, Kraken Technology and Octopus Energy Services and together, we recently secured over £300 million of investment from Origin, Australia’s largest Energy Company to help continue our mission.
That’s why we’re using technology to move the electric revolution forward. The next step is to create the go-to place to get your electric car online – with everything you need to go with it – smart charging tech and energy tariffs designed for electric vehicle drivers.
You’ll have a hand in every part of the tech behind Octopus EV – from making leasing a Tesla easier than ever, to the cutting-edge world of vehicle-to-grid charging, to helping create custom tariffs.
Specifically, we’re looking for a Front End Developer to join the team and help make our customer journey a seamless experience for all our customers, on all screen sizes and devices.
We are a start-up and are growing fast! We need someone who is happy to get their hands dirty, work with different team and feel confident in being part of a growing team.
We are part of Octopus Energy Group, and you’ll work on a number of projects with the support of our inhouse tech team just a Slack message away.
- Here’s our stack:
- React & Redux
- Jest & Enzyme
- Django/Python (server side and templating-)
What you’ll have…
- Can write solid, semantic HTML and have experience writing SASS
- Have experience in crafting mobile-first responsive sites for a range of devices
- Open to taking on existing projects and adding to the functionality
- Know how to develop websites that meet AAA accessibility guidelines.
- Can create code that works consistently across different browsers and platforms
- Can take Photoshop/Sketch designs and bring them to life in code
- Knowledge of Python/Django a plus
What you’ll get…
- Equity Scheme (own part of the business)
- Pension Scheme – Employer 5% Employee 3% – you can opt to contribute more!
- Flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fruit, breakfast and hot drinks
- Weekly free Friday drinks
- Regular social events (3 parties a year including a Summer festival)
- Access to Hatch – Financial advice and planning for employees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Maternity and Paternity pay
- Support to help with development (courses, learning, development)
This is the chance to join one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups – making it easy for individuals and businesses to get electric cars, electric fleet and other electric vehicles. If this sounds exciting and you have a genuine passion in the future of sustainability then we’d love to hear from you!