To apply for this job please visit thebigissue.livevacancies.co.uk.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate person to join our team in Bristol. Based in our Bristol office you will cover the city and surrounding areas.
As frontline staff, you are the first person our vendors will encounter and engage with, which makes you one of our most important assets.
You will support our vendors on their entire Big Issue journey, from completing their initial induction, selling the magazine, assisting them with financial and digital inclusion, and much more.
Main duties of the Frontline Outreach Worker will include:
• Being responsible for the induction of new vendors, following the induction process carefully to understand the needs and goals of each vendor
• Being responsible for regular check-ins with assigned vendors to discuss sales, welfare and to gauge if a referral to either Service Broker colleagues or external agencies may be required
• Work with vendors both in the office and on outreach to foster a professional relationship and encourage them to meet the sales objectives in line with their own aspirations and expectations established for their pitch
Other Sales Responsibilities
• Responsible for selling magazines
• Responsible for administering the pitch management system and ensuring best utilisation
• Accurately administer banking duties and sales reporting
• Closely monitor stocks levels of the magazine and arrange for transfer of magazines where necessary
Skills & Experience
We are looking for Frontline Outreach Staff with the following:
• Ability and enthusiasm for working as part of a team, creating a collaborative, and focused working environment
• Experience of working in a frontline position including desk-based and outreach work
• Knowledge of the homelessness sector
• Experience working with vulnerable adults whether in a frontline or social care setting
• Excellent ability to communicate at all levels and with authenticity both verbally & and in writing, be people focused and know how to adjust your approach depending on the situation
• Confidence in dealing with difficult situations or conversations but also able to escalate where necessary
• Experience in cash handling and banking and confidence in dealing with cash transactions in a busy and noisy environment
• Experience of and be confident in lone working when needed
• Respect for the importance of confidentiality and discretion and have knowledge of GDPR
• A full, clean UK driving licence
For a full job description with details of skills and experience, please download from the link below.
Salary and Benefits include:
• Salary commensurate with the third sector, which can be confirmed on request.
• Incremental holiday entitlement starting at 25 days per year plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff) plus paid leave to care for a sick child or grandchild and a sick or elderly relation
• Incremental sick pay starting at 5 days per rolling year
• Enhanced contribution to our workplace pension
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
• Comprehensive flexible working policy open to all staff
• Training and development opportunities including an open learning library and management training schemes
• Health benefits include life cover, a health Cashplan scheme which provides access to counselling and a range of therapies
Please note that we reserve the right to review and amend our staff benefits and they do not form part of any contract of employment.
This role will be based at our office on Poole Hill in Bournemouth
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com stating the job title.
Closing date: Sunday 19th September 2021
The Big Issue Group is striving towards Equal Opportunities
We particularly welcome applications from those who are underrepresented in our sector, such as women in senior roles, and people with disabilities and from Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
Our Group Mission
Building a world that works for everyone. Challenging, innovating, and creating self-help and sustainable business solutions, that dismantle poverty now and for future generations