Lune’s mission is to make every product and service climate positive by default.
All companies have to significantly reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. But, because very few will be able to reduce their emissions to zero, they need to purchase carbon offsets for the rest. That is where Lune comes in.
We enable high-quality carbon offsetting to be seamlessly built into services and make it part of the customer experience. We connect companies with carbon offset & removal projects by offering an API that calculates carbon emissions and automatically purchases offsets.
Similar to how over the past decade every service has moved to the cloud, over the next decade every service will need to become climate positive. And we make it so easy that there’s no excuse not to do it.
If you’re a talented engineer who learns quickly and cares about tackling the climate crisis, we’d love to work with you.
🌱 This role is a unique opportunity to be a core part of Lune’s initial team, to have a real impact on our mission and to define and scale the company into the future.
🌎 As we grow, you’ll have the opportunity to take on new responsibilities and help build a great company while tackling the greatest challenge of our time.
Our tech stack currently consists of typescript, reactjs and postgresql. Applications are hosted on AWS. All infrastructure is provisioned with terraform and configured with ansible.
All code is rigorously tested automatically and deployed multiple times a day to production.
What you’ll do
- Own end-to-end delivery of features across Lune’s entire technical stack
- Adapt to meet Lune’s customers needs, whether that means working on our backend or frontend applications.
- Write maintainable and extensible code with high quality tests and documentation
- Work primarily with typescript
- Help us grow the team!
You will fit this role if you
- Enjoy making decisions that will make an impact
- Want to work on climate impacting projects
- Thrive in a fast paced, early stage startup environment
Desirable skills and experience
- Hiring for all levels, but as a minimum 2+ years software development experience
- Enjoys working with both frontend and backend applications and in a constantly evolving environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to balance pragmatism and perfectionism
- Typescript experience is preferred but not required!
Interested? get in touch … email@example.com