At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
The Functional Safety Engineer key responsibilities:
· Overall ISO 26262 implementation for the HW components and ensuring the safe operation of the systems both in normal and fault conditions.
· Conducting hazards identification, risk assessment and safety concept definition sessions.
· Develop Functional and Technical Safety concepts
· Develop Safety Requirements and cascade them to low level requirements and algorithms to be then implemented by the development teams
· Validate and verify the Safety Goals are met as well as all the requirements at different levels
· Organize and participate in ISO 26262 certification for the products
· Conduct internal ISO 26262 training sessions
· At least 5 years hands-on experience on ISO 26262 (at least 2 years in the role of automotive functional safety engineer).
· Experience of full V cycle of control system development and testing
· Strong experience with safety related systems, particularly complex electronic systems.
· Actual involvement in safety case production and 3rd party assessment.
· Knowledge of requirements and task management tools (Atlassian Jira, Confluence).
· Experience in SW model-based development (preferably MathWorks tools).
· Strong understanding of analysis techniques: FMEA, FTA, HAZOP.
· Basic understanding of reliability engineering (Lambda-prediction, reliability testing approaches, data analysis).
· Background in at least one of the following automotive systems: braking, steering, powertrain, drivetrain.
· Requirements capture, cascade and agreement with internal and external stakeholders.
· Fluent English.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.