Moixa is a high growth venture and energy industry innovator which has established itself as the UK’s leading residential smart battery storage company.
Moixa invents, manufactures and distributes smart energy technology including the Moixa Smart Battery range and Moixa GridShare – the battery asset management software platform that enables end customers to maximise the usage of renewable energy and unlock mass adoption of EV technology.
We are looking for a Functional Software Developer to join our small, focused and collaborative team of talented developers; to build the features the company needs to succeed in its vision. These include any subset of:
- Solving complex optimisation problems, using machine learning and other often bespoke algorithms
- Building the required platform infrastructure to ingest and process big streams of data in real time, using AWS primitives
- Designing and implementing the business logic to expose our functionality via APIs and UI interfaces, using functional programming and serverless computing
- Developing the firmware for our hardware devices including optimisation on the edge and integrations with third party energy storage devices, using embedded Linux and Rust.
You will be supported to work and grow your knowledge on multiple parts of the stack according to your personal interests and abilities. Our team has a strong tradition of using functional programming and type systems to build pragmatic and flexible systems to solve business problems.
Your key skills & experience:
- Functional programming experience in at least two strongly typed languages
- Working experience with Unix operating systems
- Highly adaptable, comfortable moving fast and managing unknowns with calm and patience
- You love working in a smaller team where you can see the huge impact of your work
- You love learning and are open minded about changing your opinion if given new information
- You are autonomous and enjoy managing your own workload and deadlines
Joining us gives you:
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays)
- Private Health Insurance with Bupa
- Enhanced Maternity + Paternity Pay
- £1000 budget + 4 days paid time for your own learning and development
- £1000 bonus for referring a new hire
- Enhanced sickness pay
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.