Moixa is a high growth venture and energy industry innovator which has established itself as the UK’s leading residential smart battery storage company.
Moixa invents, manufactures and distributes smart energy technology including the Moixa Smart Battery range and Moixa GridShare – the battery asset management software platform that enables end customers to maximise the usage of renewable energy and unlock mass adoption of EV technology.
We are looking for a Functional Software Developer to join our small, focused and collaborative team of talented developers; to build the features the company needs to succeed in its vision. These include any subset of:
- Solving complex optimisation problems, using machine learning and other often bespoke algorithms
- Building the required platform infrastructure to ingest and process big streams of data in real time, using AWS primitives
- Designing and implementing the business logic to expose our functionality via APIs and UI interfaces, using functional programming and serverless computing
- Developing the firmware for our hardware devices including optimisation on the edge and integrations with third party energy storage devices, using embedded Linux and Rust.
You will be supported to work and grow your knowledge on multiple parts of the stack according to your personal interests and abilities. Our team has a strong tradition of using functional programming and type systems to build pragmatic and flexible systems to solve business problems.
Your key skills & experience:
- Functional programming experience in at least two strongly typed languages
- Working experience with Unix operating systems
- You love working in a smaller team where you can see the huge impact of your work
- You love learning and are open minded about changing your opinion if given new information
- You are autonomous and enjoy managing your own workload and deadlines
Location: This role can be fully remote inside the GMT +/- 2 timezone (core hours between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. UK time). Our offices in Farringdon (London) and Manchester will remain available for any employees that wish to use them on a part-time or full-time basis.
Joining us gives you:
- Stock Options
- £1000 budget + 4 days paid time for your own learning and development
- Enhanced sickness pay
- working in a world-class team to deliver impact in the clean energy sector
- plenty of autonomy and ownership
- joining a company with a ‘people first’ approach
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Dear Recruitment Agencies: all unsolicited CVs will be sent at the recruitment agency’s own risk and will be interpreted as ‘gifts’ and Moixa will have no liability to the agency for any fee or otherwise. We reserve the right to engage with candidates directly having not, in any way, entered into your terms and conditions. By submitting an unsolicited CV to us, or any employee of Moixa, you accept these terms as a default position.