Rype Office, a rapidly growing and award-winning office furniture remanufacturing company based in west London, is seeking a full-time permanent Furniture Refurbisher Handyman to work in our workshop and at client sites.
Your principal duties will be refurbishing high quality used furniture to as-new condition and installing furniture at client sites.
We have a great team of talented staff who are very good at their jobs who respect and support each other; you will become part of this supportive system.
The role will be based primarily at Rype Office’s premises at Park Royal in west London, but will also include driving to various locations across the UK to collect and deliver furniture.
We are a London Living Wage employer. As such your salary be £20,572 to £22,000 depending on experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants variety of work, enjoys working with their hands, is a good team player and is also able to work independently, enjoys problem solving, and, most of all, takes pride in their work.
We are looking for an energetic, hand-on person with good attention to detail.
▪ Remanufacturing office furniture. This could include:
– Resizing furniture, including cutting and finishing desk and table frames
– Basic upholstering of modern office furniture
– Resurfacing table frames and chair legs
– Repairing and renovating pedestals, chairs and cabinets
▪ Installing furniture at client premises. This includes:
– Loading and unloading furniture
– Furniture installation at client premises
▪ Driving one of our Luton Vans to collect and deliver furniture.
– Packing the van securely, minimising the movement of stock to avoid scratching or damage
– Driving safely with a loaded van and arriving at your destination with the furniture looking ‘as new’ as when you loaded the van
▪ Managing inventory including:
– storing inventory in accordance to our warehouse methodology
– preparing orders for delivery, including palletising
– record management of all inventory
– using a pallet stacker to store and relocate inventory
▪ Keeping the workshop a clean and enjoyable place to work.
The role can be labour intensive, particularly when loading and unloading trucks/vans and performing office installations at client sites. Although our processes use lifting aids including an electric pedestrian pallet stacker, you will need to be comfortable lifting up to 15 kg repeatedly.
To be chosen for this role, you will be reliable and hardworking, with a flexible can-do attitude. And share our interest in recycling and reducing waste.
The successful candidate will:
• Enjoy doing DIY projects and working with their hands
• Be passionate about producing high quality work
• Be known for getting things done – and doing them properly
• Focus on the details – attention to detail is vital for our reputation
• Be a practical problem-solver
• Willing to help colleagues in related tasks
• Be able to lift items up to 15kg, comfortably
• Able to work varied hours, which may include occasional weekend work (we provide time in lieu for weekend work)
• Be well-presented and polite and considerate of others
Required skills and qualifications:
• Experience and, ideally, trained in a related trade (e.g. carpentry, joining, fitting, furniture installation, plumbing, upholstering, painting)
• Willing and able to learn to use specialised tools, equipment and techniques in line with our remanufacturing techniques
Desirable (but not essential):
• Background in office furniture fitting
• Previous experience in furniture repair, cleaning or building trades
• Experienced driving a Luton van or truck, to help with driving the van to client site for installations or picking up goods from other sites
• Eligible to work in the UK
• A safe driver in possession of a full UK Drivers’ Licence with limited penalty points
• Over 25 years of age for vehicle insurance purposes
Apply and send your application, comprising a cover note explaining why you are suitable for this role and your CV.
Please note that short-listed candidates will be asked to demonstrate competency to perform the role by working with the team for a paid day.