📍 Location: London / GMT +/- 5 hours. Can be remote, in office or hybrid.
⏰ Start Date: ASAP. End date: Flexible
What is this Sylvera you speak of? 👩👨
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. Sylvera does this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes. We also provide a holistic picture of offset projects, providing people with the information they need to make informed decisions.
By providing transparency, Sylvera intends to underpin functioning voluntary carbon markets. This will allow the market to scale to keep the planet under 2C of warming, and unlock huge co-benefits for nature and society.
Sylvera is backed by world leading investors (unannounced) and is on a super steep trajectory over the next couple of years – we want incredible people that are as passionate as we are about the mission and want to build an amazing organisation with us to achieve it.
What’s my impact? 👩💻👨💻
- Contribute to development of our tools and pipelines for carbon offset verification
- Contribute to development of new analytics products using geospatial data
- Working with our developer team to identify corner cases, refine the models and serve customer requests
- Working alongside our academic partners who are leaders in the earth observation and natural carbon community to push forward the state of the art
- Supporting, training and hiring other tech team members to ensure awesomeness across the team
What do I need? ❓
- Strong working knowledge of Python and geospatial libraries and packages i.e. XArray, GDAL
- 2+ years of industry experience (or PhD and 1 year in industry) using Earth Observation data
- Good foundations of software architecture, object-oriented design
- Breadth of coverage and capable of making informed decisions about choice of tools, models and approaches
- To care about the future of the planet – you want to solve climate change in the most high leverage way possible
Brownie Points 🍰
- Has worked with active satellite data such as SAR or LIDAR
- Has worked with soil data sets
- MSc or PhD level in relevant area
- Experience contributing to product development
Feel free to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. As long as you’re a quick learner, and are excited about changing the carbon markets for the better, we’re happy to support you as you come up to speed with our tech stack.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Generous compensation and stock options.
You also get paid to save the world which is nice.
NO AGENCIES THANKS