To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Job: Global Head of Communications and Media
Location: London (Remote Working if Applicable)
Salary: NGO competitive
Position: Full Time
Start Date: Immediate
About the Climate Bonds Initiative
Climate Bonds Initiative is an investor-focused NGO working to mobilise global capital for climate action.
Climate Bonds is a fast growing, dynamic NGO driven by a big mission. You will be working within an organisation that is leading the development of innovative international climate finance solutions.
The Global Head of Communications & Media is a UK based role with responsibility to build Climate Bonds global brand, profile, influence and reputation and support the rapid expansion of Climate Bonds international activities and programs.
Reporting to the Director of Client Services, the Global Head of Communications & Media (GHCM) is responsible for Climate Bonds brand and reputation, communications planning & messaging, communications strategy, media relations, social media, crisis management, partner support, marketing and communications materials.
This is a senior position at Climate Bonds, the GHCM collaborates with the Senior Management Team and liaises closely with Heads of Teams and Program Managers to ensure a whole of business perspective to communications strategy and cross team/region internal alignment with communications objectives.
The GHCM ensures organisational consistency and alignment in messaging, content, collateral and brand values encompassing core and regional teams, programs, projects and activities.
The GHCM develops and executes the communications plan, devises communications programs to support major business plan objectives and major development programs and is responsible for the Climate Bonds website. The GHCM is also responsible for administering the communications budget, managing the core and regional media teams, data and performance reporting and systems improvements.
Supporting Climate Bonds events and online programs, internal communications and global contact register is also integral to the role. As is strengthening existing stakeholder relationships and engagement around Climate Bonds advocacy and policy positions.
- Develop Climate Bonds brand & voice and maintain brand integrity, uphold and enhance Climate Bonds reputation
- Devise and implement communication plans for key organisational deliverables
- Develop effective and timely communications that drive subscriber, stakeholder engagement & loyalty
- Ensure a clear, effective crisis management plan in place to address urgent media issues, including maintaining appropriate global risk register
- Build and retain strong network of media contacts and manage these relationships effectively
- Ensure long-term placement of CBI’s core messaging through all media and social channels
- Develop media and social media growth and engagement strategies
- Oversight production of communications and marketing materials, including posts, press releases, collateral brochures
- Oversight and implementation of the communication strategy for all events, webinars and podcasts
- Oversight CBI CRM development and distribution list management and whole of business consolidation, and with communications staff ensure GDPR compliance in all external communications
- Manage the CBI website development program and external service providers.
- Create and manage budget and report on spend against budget and forecast
- Regularly report on the performance of communications and campaigns and key communications indicators
Qualifications and Experience:
● Extensive experience in a similar role
● Proven experience in building & coaching a team of communications specialists & leading the execution of communications strategies that expand stakeholder engagement
● A strategic thinker who is able to provide lasting solutions, self-motivated individual who is able to provide communications directions that place the organisation ahead of trends
● Demonstrated grasp of the digital communications landscape and different technologies that can be used to achieve stakeholder engagement
● Excellent judgment and creative problem- solving skills, self-motivated and proactive in going above and beyond the call of duty
● Experience in crisis management, international and remote team management and development
● Ability to work comfortably and efficiently in a collaborative setting,
● Excellent writing/editing and public speaking skills,
● Existing media network and high-level relationship management skills
● Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies including social media
● Excellent project management skills, an ability to face stressful and uncertain situations with calmness and composure and inspiring a team to do the same
● Climate finance/ climate science knowledge
● Understanding of international and European climate policy developments
Application: Please upload your CV and Cover letter (if you do not submit a cover letter your application will not be processed). In the cover letter please answer the following questions:
1.Why do want to work for Climate Bonds Initiative?
2. How does your background make you a good fit for the role?
25 days holiday