A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste!
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: To inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. We are the world’s #1 app for fighting food waste. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been expanding rapidly across Europe and now also the US, with over 76 million meals saved across 15 countries to date.
We are looking for an experienced people leader who will manage and lead our Global Learning and Development Team. You will be building and leading a team that works at the speed of the business to provide value with learning interventions, driving the development of functional and managerial skills.
You’ll support our 1000+ employees in the design and delivery of the overall Talent strategy as well as providing internal leadership and management training in line with our values. You should be excited about working in a fast-growing social impact company with a meaningful mission and have previously scaled a company going through significant growth.
You’ll report directly to the Global Chief People Officer and you will become part of our Global People & Culture team, a team constantly evolving to meet the requirements of a fast-paced business in high growth. The role can be based out of our London or Copenhagen office.
To be successful in this role, you will be passionate about building an industry leading Learning and Development function that benefits both the business and our teams. You will have done similar in the past and bring a wealth of experience to build out this team.
- You will act as a trusted learning and development partner and advisor to our leaders and colleagues across our business.
- Together with your team, you will deliver Leadership & Management training to all managers across our countries, developing desired leadership behaviours and skills.
- You will carry out training needs analysis and make recommendations based on your findings to enable the scaling of the business through hyper growth. Together with your team, you will be responsible for developing functional development projects.
- You will work closely with our People Operations team to launch and build out our LMS, scaling the offering as we grow and as new skills needs arise.
- You will measure the business impact of the learning provided to be able to adjust and improve as and when necessary.
- All projects are aimed at driving behaviour that is aligned with our values and the way we do things in Too Good To Go. You will communicate our values consistently and authentically throughout projects, keeping stakeholders aligned and engaged.
- Build and define a strong network of external content and training providers aligned with our values and culture.
You will have a passion for people development and a desire to build impactful learning solutions that enable our Waste Warriors to perform at their best.
- You have built, developed and led a Learning and Development team in a high-growth and globally operating organisation. Experience within a Tech environment is a strong plus.
- You can define and deliver a vision, inspire a team and anticipate future needs and challenges for the business.
- You know how to roll out learning experiences rapidly, constantly assessing, iterating and refining. You know how to apply design thinking to deliver impactful learning experiences at speed with a tangible impact on business and people – and you know how to measure the impact!
- You have proven project management and communication skills, and know how to engage others and influence at all levels across the organisation in order to ensure learning solutions are fully aligned with business needs.
- You have worked with Leadership Development programs, aligned both with a company’s values and business needs.
- You are hands-on and understand how to break projects into smaller bits and deliver with an agile mindset.
- Working somewhere where you can have a social and environmental impact is one of your absolute dreams. Sustainability is a great passion of yours and something that shines through in your professional and personal experiences.
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1000+ enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.