Hi, We’re Bulb. Nice to meet you. We’re working remotely to protect our team at the moment, but we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
We are the UK’s biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe’s fastest growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy with Bulb and we’ve expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, innovative company. Reporting into the VP Global Communications, in this role you’ll be responsible for supporting the comms team, helping to manage our press office and working with the team on stories and campaigns.
You’ll be responsible for
– You’ll support Bulb’s day-to-day press office activities, working with our team and agencies to deliver great work on time.
– You’ll be responsible for writing and proofreading materials including press releases, media statements, Q&As and fact sheets to help us deliver on our key campaigns and messaging, especially in the UK.
– You’ll manage our internal tracking and reporting and ensure materials are kept up to date (including speaking opportunities, coverage tracker and events calendar).
– You’ll support the communications team to ensure work is being delivered on time and managed efficiently.
– You’ll support the VP Global Communications with diary management and scheduling.
What you’ll bring to Bulb
– 2+ years of experience working in a PR department, agency or media outlet and lots of understanding of the press office function and how the media works
– Excellent writing and presentation skills
– Experience working across various markets and/or regions
– Exceptionally well organised and efficient with excellent time management skills – and you’re comfortable with fast-paced decisions and rapidly changing environments
– You show good judgement and would be an ambassador for our values at Bulb
– You’re a forward thinker and you have great initiative – and you’re confident taking ownership of decision making
– You have the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
– You’re capable of multi-tasking assignments both big and small
– You’re proactive and complete tasks with a sense of urgency
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
Cycle to work scheme
One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you’re invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.