To apply for this job please visit bigsocietycapital.com.
Location: London, EC4A (currently remote working; occasional travel as part of the role)
Accountable to: Good Finance Project Manager
Salary: circa £30,000 – £34,000
Working hours: Full time (open to flexible working)
- Overall Purpose of the Role
We have the stability of a well-supported and collaborative initiative, with the culture and feel of a tech-forward social enterprise startup.
We are looking for a self-motivated person who can turn ideas into action in order to drive website traffic, develop digital campaigns and create compelling, informative and user-led content. This includes the full spectrum of content from graphic and visual to blog writing and social media.
Good Finance is a highly collaborative initiative and works with a network of partners, supporters and suppliers. This role requires strong relationship, project and time management skills.
As Good Finance runs frequent events and workshops, this role also included some offline marketing and occasionally speaking externally.
Our ideal candidate brings an extremely high level of creativity, passion, and proactivity to the role. They get excited at the idea of creating engaging digital content that can be executed across all online platforms for Good Finance.
Statement of Responsibility
This will be a dynamic, varied role, delivering across a range of digital channels and taking campaigns from concept to delivery.
Key areas will include:
- Digital content creation and curation including social media, blogs, podcasts, webinars, videos and infographics
- Content management for the Good Finance website
- Managing key social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook) and email channels (newsletter and targeted campaigns)
- Supporting the evaluation and maintenance of the Good Finance marketing strategy
- Developing creative approaches to engage with key stakeholder groups from across the social enterprise and charity sectors
- Supporting the delivery of the Good Finance brand guidelines, tone of voice and identity
- Representing Good Finance at key team and sector events and supporting event delivery
- Supporting sector events and partners with Good Finance presentations
- Collecting content, photos and supporting with podcasts and videos at events
- Supporting creation of offline resources including the production of slides, leaflets and other visual materials
- Reviewing financial promotions and ensuring compliance with regulations
- Ensuring activities operate in line with GDPR and data privacy requirements
Stakeholder management: External Relationships
- Building relationships with digital colleagues in other organisations across the financial and social sector
- Working closely with the Senior Director of Social Sector Engagement and Good Finance Project Manager in managing relationships with a range of Marketing Partners (for example, Pioneers Post, Social Enterprise UK, School for Social Entrepreneurs, NCVO, Locality and UnLtd)
- Managing external digital agencies on agreed projects
Stakeholder management: Internal Relationships
- Working closely with other team members to ensure effective delivery of Good Finance and social sector communications objectives
- Being supportive of delivery and development plans for our wider social sector engagement work in order to maximise reach and impact
- Attending stakeholder meetings
- Contributing to Big Society Capital wider team initiatives
- Supporting the delivery of KPI reporting to better inform our work and to provide qualitative and quantitative evidence of impact
- Inputting into quarterly OKRs alongside the team
Digital pro: No matter when, where or how you learned your skills, digital delivery is key in this role.
- Experience of creating innovative work in the digital world
- Fully understands online digital content creation, website management and social media platforms. This includes not only producing content but posting strategically, at the right time and place
- Familiarity with common digital tools and platforms such as Google analytics, Canva, Photoshop; open source website CMS tools e.g. Drupal, Wordpress etc; email marketing software such as Mailchimp and Campaign Monitor
- Creative flair and strong writing skills, to develop and digital resources and engaging content
Relationship management: Good Finance is a highly collaborative initiative and works with a network of partners, supporters and suppliers.
- Excellent relationship, engagement and influencing skills will be required in order to achieve success through the delivery of our KPIs and obtain value for money through our external contracts
- Desire to develop knowledge of user centred design principles
- Ability to be a public representative. An engaging and confident public speaker, capable of delivering dynamic talks and presentations.
- Experience of working within either social sector or finance sector
Data Driven: using data and online analytics to drive content delivery is a key part of this role.
- Experience with Google and social media analytics to ensure campaigns are impactful
- With a keen eye for detail, should be able to identify trends and know the right questions to ask to gather meaningful insights
- Experience of monitoring and delivering on KPIs
Attitude, abilities and mindset
- The Good Finance team is lean, proactive and fast-paced. We are looking for a self-motivated ‘intrapreneur’, capable of working both autonomously and collaboratively as part of a close-knit team
- Should be intellectually curious and if not coming from the social sector, should have a passion for the impact social enterprises and charities can create across the UK, and a desire to learn more about it
- We need someone who can work under pressure, with strong problem-solving skills and a focus on solutions
- Good Finance needs to be responsive to our users so we look for people who can quickly adapt to change and be open to new ways of working
- Should have an appetite for continual development of own digital skills and expertise and be a champion for sharing this learning internally
- Experience and competency in:
- video/sound editing
- content creation, including writing and editing
- design packages including InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience of working or volunteering in the charity or social enterprise sectors
- Understanding of social investment or impact investing
- Experience and competency of user experience design
Salary and terms of employment
- The Good Finance team is employed by one of our trusted partners, Big Society Capital
- This is a permanent position All applicants must have an existing Right to Work in the UK
- Location: Chancery Lane (The majority of Big Society Capital staff are currently working from home)
- Salary – circa £30,000 – £34,000 (depending on experience)
- Good Finance is committed to being a diverse team that is truly representative of the communities we serve. Big Society Capital is an equal opportunities employer with an inclusive environment where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential.