Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are a purpose driven, ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products in the UK and internationally with annual sales turnover in excess of £250 million across 17 territories.
We are investing £150 million in additional capacity over the next 5 years to enable us to continue to develop products which are better for people and the planet. To support us in achieving this growth ambition, we are recruiting for an experienced, driven leader to support our teams in delivering first class products, safely.
Key tasks & accountabilities of the role include:
- Troubleshoot production plant performance issues
- Monitor and analyse production plant performance with aims of optimising outputs
- Develop and compile reports documenting process and equipment status
- Communicate work and findings to site management
- Own process improvement projects through site Management of Change system
- Contribute to site Safety, Health and Environmental management system and initiatives, as required, through MoC, ALARP assessment, HAZOP, LOPA, PHA etc.
- Complete and document process engineering calculations (equipment design and sizing, pressure relief calculations, plant performance etc.)
- Own minor capital projects through business CAPEX programme
- Contribute, as required, to major capital projects
- Conduct process plant trials through effective and efficient planning and communication with site operations, engineering, and project teams
Essential skills include:
- BEng (1st Class) Chemical Engineering degree (IChemE Accredited), or;
- BEng (2:1) Chemical Engineering degree with Industrial Experience (min. 12 months, IChemE Accredited), or;
- MEng (2:1) Chemical Engineering degree (IChemE Accredited)
- Ambition to achieve Chartered Chemical Engineer status
- Excellent maths, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly computer literate; proficiency with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), and proven knowledge of industry specialist software
- Good attitude to Health & Safety