We are looking for an experienced Grant Project Manager to join our growing team and lead the management of our grant funded projects, which all contribute to the Company’s main objective: build the UK’s first industrial scale insect factory.
Contract: Part-time employment
Location: London Bridge with opportunity to work remotely
Holiday Allowance: 36 days per annum inc. bank holidays pro-rata
Anticipated start date: ASAP
We are the UK’s leading insect biotech company. Our mission is to sustainably feed the world with the power of insects. Here Silicon Valley technology meets the black soldier fly as we produce sustainable insect-based animal feed ingredients, and eventually also human food ingredients.
We’re looking for an experienced project manager to manage our grant funded projects. This is an exciting opportunity to use your project management skills to have a positive impact on the planet!
As a key member of our commercial team, you will be responsible for managing our ongoing and future grant projects. As an example, our main ongoing project is a £10m Innovate UK funded project involving a consortium of 14 stakeholders supporting the deployment of our first industrial scale facility. You can read more about it here: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/oct/06/insect-farm-supply-sustainable-animal-feed-wins-10m-london.
As our project manager, your job will be to coordinate people and processes to ensure that our grant funded projects are delivered on time, on budget and produce the desired results. You will be the go-to person for everything involving these projects’ organization and timeline.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
· Project manage our ongoing and future grant funded projects
· Track and report key progress and performance metrics to the management and grant funders
· Prepare and lead quarterly project management meetings
· Prepare and submit financial claims using appropriate tools and platforms
· Use appropriate verification techniques and processes to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
· Coordinate and manage project stakeholders: internal team, consortium partners, grant funding organisations
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience of managing projects funded by public bodies such as Innovate UK and European Commission (H2020)
- Experience with a range of project management skills, tools and approaches
- Ability to motivate, lead, problem solve and influence
- Experience of managing a wide array of stakeholders including academics, private businesses, govt. bodies, grant funders
Feel free to apply even if you do not meet every requirement in this posting.
What we stand for
Our team is made up of a diverse group of people who are experts in their field. They care about our mission and directly contribute to shaping our fast-growing organisation.
We want to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, reflecting the diverse society we work in. We will support you throughout the recruitment process with any reasonable adjustments required in accordance with the Equality Act. Please contact the Recruitment Team if you require support.
We are proud of the working environment and culture we have built which can be summarised as follows:
We care: about the planet, our people and our customers
We are brave: bold and courageous, always
We are hungry, foolish and humble
We commit to excellence and expect that from each other
We have the freedom to make decisions: acting in the company’s best interest
Applicants should include a covering letter which includes examples of your relevant skills and experience, your CV, and the names and e-mail addresses of two referees. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. Applications must be received by 11 June 2021.
Application deadline: 11/06/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
We are currently working from home as much as possible to protect the team from COVID-19. Where site visits are absolutely necessary, we have a comprehensive policy in place to ensure all staff have appropriate PPE and follow safe working practices.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19