To apply for this job please visit static1.squarespace.com.
Role: Grants & Bids Writer
Salary: £ 27,000 > £36,000 depending on experience.
Team: Sales & Marketing
Location: Matter, Unit 5 Avon Trading Estate, St Philips, Bristol BS2 0XA
Reports To: Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
Matter is a microplastics technology company focused on sustainable design and the circular economy. It was founded with the ambition to change the world and to create a team of people with the skills and abilities to deliver that change. We are working on some of the biggest challenges of our time; removing microplastics and micropollutants from the UK’s waterways and creating a circular economy from the tons of plastic heading towards our Ocean.
The Role: Grants & Bids Writer
We are looking for an experienced Grants & Bids Writer to find and win funding to support the ongoing research and development of our technologies. We have already secured innovation funding for two projects and want to continue to secure financial support from UK, European and International, grant-makers, competitions and funding agencies, both public and private.
- Your role will include and not be limited to:
- You will be responsible for identifying as many relevant opportunities as possible, and for managing the application process through grant approval, to the handover to the engineering and delivery team.
- You will be responsible for the quality of all aspects of the bids, including written documentation and presentations to ensure that all bid documentation is clear, concise and – crucially – compelling. You will co-ordinate with our designers to ensure the visual standard of all documentation and presentation material is of the highest standard.
- You will co-ordinate all parties involved in the bid process to ensure everyone is aware of the level of contribution expected of them and knows when their deadlines are. You will ensure all timelines are met and that the bid submitted is as complete and accurate as possible, whilst also best reflecting Matter’s services and abilities.
- You will be responsible for liaising with the senior management and R&D team to ensure that we understand both the opportunities, and the workloads, deadlines and deliverables associated with every grant.
- You will be responsible for developing and managing a database for monitoring of future opportunities, and where relevant, the requirements needed to win grants that come in stages, or tranches, of funding.
- You will be answering to Tim LeRoy the CCO and part of the Sales & Marketing team, responsible for the commercial development and success of Matter.
This role is a front-line ambassador for Matter. As such you will be a consummate professional who can help Matter to become a trusted centre of R&D and Innovation that has a reputation for the continuous delivery of viable and industry-leading planet-protection technology.
You are required to be a safe pair of hands with a calm, can-do attitude, and be capable of making good decisions autonomously. You’re expected to be a highly organised, level-headed, and focused individual who can hit tight deadlines without ever compromising quality. The work is intense and fast-paced but highly rewarding.
You need to be a committed but compassionate environmentalist with a pragmatic and realistic worldview, open to new ideas and radical thinking, but with the empathy to help build a global brand.
This is a unique opportunity to play an important role in establishing a new way of doing business and to make the change that you want to see in the world.
We expect you to act in an environmentally conscious way, with a passion to do more. Not only to reduce environmental impact but to be a role model for positive change.
• Minimum education: A degree at 2:1 and above or equivalent level of experience
• At least 3+ years of relevant experience of R&D and Innovation funding
• A high level of professional knowledge of how the grant-making and funding sector functions
• Proven track record of finding and winning grants and funding (EU and UK minimum)
• Experience of working with engineering and technology organisations and teams
• A strong professional network of relevant contacts
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
• Native level speaker in English and high written competency in English.
• Flexible working environment.
• 26 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays (pro-rata).
• +1 day to take on your birthday.
• Pension scheme.
• On-site parking for bicycles and cars.
• Team away day adventures.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
• Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanour within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
• Must be able to travel internationally and domestically utilising various transportation methods.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Before applying please read this.
This role is a vital part of the successful development and growth of Matter. We are a young company, growing rapidly, and we are a tight-knit team so working together (literally and metaphorically) is essential.
Our HQ is a large facility that is set up for being able to work safely, and we have a comprehensive and dynamic working plan for Coronavirus, to keep our team safe and to mitigate for the inevitable disruptions.
Whilst we do work remotely when required, the nature of this role and our stage of development as a company, means that this cannot be a fully remote-working position.
To that end, you will need to live within realistic commuting distance of our HQ in central Bristol or be willing and able to relocate immediately.