To apply for this job please visit cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it.
SYSTEMIQ is a systems change company that partners with business, finance, policy-makers, and civil society to make economic systems truly sustainable. We combine high-level research with high-impact, on-the-ground work.
Our purpose is to catalyse good disruptions in critical economic systems, with a current focus that includes low-carbon energy, materials and the circular economy, and regenerative oceans and land use. These disruptions are not only vital to the future of humanity and our planet, they also open up immense opportunities for the businesses that drive them.
SYSTEMIQ connects the right people, ideas, technologies and capital to transform economic systems:
1. We convene and support coalitions of leaders to shape policies and business strategies that will rapidly transform economic activity
2. We work with pioneering companies that want to drive the change in their industry
3. We co-create and incubate the market solutions most likely to build regenerative economic systems
4. We invest our own venture capital and expertise to accelerate business innovation and drive system change
5. We direct larger pools of capital so that they are invested for long-term sustainability, and we work to accelerate the transformation to a greener, more inclusive financial system.
In order to deliver in these areas, we recruit and develop distinctive and varied individuals who strive to achieve our mission, challenge the status quo and act as change leaders.
We are looking for an experienced Grants Manager to join our team and work closely with SYSTEMIQ Coalitions and Finance teams and be based in the Munich office. London office optional if the candidate is fully fluent written and spoken in German. The Grants Manager will work across a number of projects, including but not limited to the Food and Land Use Coalition.
This role is responsible for ensuring effective grant management and reporting for our donors – a range of individuals, foundations and public (government) donors. You will develop and deliver the processes to manage grants and contracts from major funders.
You will work with the Programme Manager to develop and monitor financial management tools, budgets and spending forecasts relating to individual grants and their workstream components.
You will ensure that grants are accounted for according to funder restrictions and reporting schedules are planned in line with their requirements, producing high quality reports, tailored to individual donors’ needs.
You will also support the drafting of new grant applications from public and philanthropic donors and provide advice and training to SYSTEMIQ staff as appropriate to strengthen and broaden fund management expertise within the company.
We offer the opportunity to benefit from the world-leading networks of our partners and be part of a high-calibre, driven but friendly and fun team.
SYSTEMIQ is looking for individuals with a strong record of excellence and achievement. You have proven that in different contexts and are keen to work in a young, entrepreneurial company where you can get involved in a variety of work, shape the business and make maximum impact. You are passionate about SYSTEMIQ’s mission and approach to system change. Your background may include working at a leading top management consultancy, ideally coupled with solid leadership experience in industry, the public sector or civil society. Specifically, you have
- Substantial experience of dealing with major funders and delivering high quality grant management and reporting.
- Excellent writing skills, strong financial acumen, and the ability to work with colleagues across SYSTEMIQ to bring together the information required to deliver the best for our donors.
- Relationship management skills, also on a very senior level and in various cultural contexts.
- A team player who can engage in and contribute to team culture to ensure excellent team collaboration
- High levels of organizational capability to effectively coordinate timelines and deliverables.
- A detail-oriented approach with the ability to proactively implement and improve operational processes for high-quality delivery of reporting procedures
- (Desirable) Experience in grant management within the sustainability/environment/social enterprise space
- Fluent speaker in both German and English is essential
Our work and global focus on SYSTEMs change in society is incredibly diverse & so we are very keen to receive applications from all parts of the community.