Help us make a big green dent in the universe
We’re on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Although we’re not filling a gap, we’re always looking for awesome people, that we do keep in mind for when we’re looking to grow.
We’re looking for someone passionate about designing simple, elegant user experiences, and using human-centred design as a source of inspiration to solve complex problems on behalf of our business customers.
This is one of our first hires within Marketing for Octopus for Business. If you’re someone who has a passion for making things look good and would be excited to design reports and presentations this could be the role for you…
What you’ll do
- You will work with a wildly talented and passionate team. Focusing on a range of design tasks e.g. designing reports for the team and presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- You will work across designing for print collateral and the occasional digital projects
- You will support events with appropriate design and marketing collateral
- You will work across adobe suite programs like Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- You will use analytics data to create appropriate marketing response work through print and digital campaigns
- You will think beyond creating print materials and capture the bigger picture
What you’ll need
- An ability to pick up work in a fast paced environment with a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of graphic design, working with copy, presentation, reports and branding
- An interest in sustainability and green energy
- Editorial design experience is a bonus (being able to work with large amounts of texts and briefs
- Previous experience across design and a passion for making things look good
- Knowledge of UX/UI is a bonus
- The ability to be a confident and flexible designer. Your sweet spot is the intersection of design and social impact
- A degree in Graphic Design, creative marketing/advertising, or visual communication, or equivalent work experience
- Some experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools such as Illustrator Indesign, and Photoshop would be a bonus (knowledge of other adobe suite is a plus)
More about Octopus Energy for Business (OEB)
Octopus Energy is a scale-up electricity and gas supplier in Great Britain, having enjoyed huge success in its first 4 and a half years of existence and now supplies over 1.5 million households and businesses across the UK. Octopus Energy is also part of Octopus Group, the UK’s largest investor in solar farms and the third largest investor in renewable generation overall. The solar farms they’ve funded generate 40% of all the UK’s large scale solar, enough to power over a quarter of a million homes (when the sun shines!). They’ve also invested in wind generation, anaerobic digestion plans and “rapid response” gas generation to help balance supply when there’s no wind and sun.
Within Octopus Energy sits Octopus Energy for Business (OEB), who supply businesses from small independent coffee shops and schools all the way up to the likes of the National Space Centre and the Emirates Stadium. Their innovative approach to business energy has seen the launch of a number of successful products. These include Electric Juice, a dynamic tariff for the UK’s electric charging networks and Panel Power, a product for businesses with solar PV looking to decentralise their energy usage to name but a few.
A role with Octopus is a chance to join an exciting scale-up company within the energy supply sector, and one that is well placed to take advantage of the rapidly changing energy landscape. They enjoy the best of both worlds: backing from a large, well-capitalised business with access to highly experienced and talented individuals, all whilst retaining the dynamic environment and energetic team that characterises start-up ventures.
If you this role sounds like you and you have a genuine passion in the future of sustainability then we’d love to hear from you.
At Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.