To apply for this job please visit thebigissue.livevacancies.co.uk.
We are looking for an experienced and data-driven Digital Marketing Manager with strong analytical skills and a strategic mindset. You will balance a tactical hands-on role with the requirement to lead strategy to help grow our fundraising and donation base.
This is a key role within the Big Issue Group Marketing team with responsibility for growing our individual donor acquisition revenue through acquisition marketing campaigns.
Day to day tasks will include:
• Take the lead to develop, plan and oversee/execute implementation of marketing activity to drive donations across owned and paid media channels
• Segment target audiences and utilise the full digital marketing mix to devise & execute awareness, engagement utilising content hooks leading to registration and conversion
• Initiate ‘test and learn’ strategies to improve effectiveness of marketing campaigns, constantly innovating to improve online marketing strategies
• Manage the creation and optimisation of campaign landing pages – this includes writing engaging copy and writing creative/design briefs for targeted audiences
• Develop and implement an email marketing and lead generation strategy to grow the individual donor database and convert these leads to donations
• Work with the fundraising team on a retention management strategy, supporting the delivery of a CRM programme, renewal journey and lapsed/cancelled campaigns
• Maintain and manage the donations plan & forecast model to track against acquisition targets and budgets and utilise LTV models to monitor the feasibility of the marketing channel mix
• Analysis and reporting on all activity against KPI’s – using Google Analytics, Social analytics and Email reporting tools
Skills & Experience:
• 5+ year’s data driven digital marketing experience within a not-for-profit organisation – donations, memberships, e-commerce.
• Commercially aware with experience in delivering challenging KPI’s
• Planning and executing digital acquisition campaigns – paid media (PPC & Social) & email are key channels
• Solid knowledge of analytics tools such as Google Analytics
• Experience planning, executing and analysing social media campaigns – organic & paid
• Experience creating campaign landing pages within a website CMS
• Great copy writing skills with SEO knowledge
• Campaign planning & budget management experience – with a good knowledge of forecasting & LTV models
• Confident with data and reporting
• Brilliant communicator, confident with dealing with multiple stakeholders
• A creative and enthusiastic self-starter with attention to detail and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
For a full job description including the summary of responsibilities, skills, qualities and experience required for the role, please download from the link below.
Salary and Benefits Include:
• A salary of between £35-40k dependant on experience
• Incremental holiday entitlement starting at 25 days per year plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff) plus paid leave to care for a sick child or grandchild and a sick or elderly relation
• Incremental sick pay starting at 5 days per rolling year
• Enhanced contribution to our workplace pension
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
• Training and development opportunities including an open learning library and management training schemes
• Health benefits include life cover, a health Cashplan scheme which provides access to counselling and a range of therapies
Please note that we reserve the right to review and amend our staff benefits and they do not form part of any contract of employment.
This role will be based flexibly at home and in our head office in Finsbury Park in London.
When you click on Apply you will be asked to complete a short application form and then to upload your CV and a covering letter detailing your interest and suitability for the role.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title and reference
Closing date: 7th July 2021
The Big Issue Group is striving towards Equal Opportunities
We particularly welcome applications from those who are underrepresented in our sector, such as women in senior roles, and people with disabilities and from Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
About The Big Issue Group
The Big Issue Group is a social enterprise, providing a “business” solution to dismantle poverty – a “hand up, not a handout” We provide a mechanism for vendors to earn a legitimate source of income, and raise their self-esteem.
Since The Big Issue was launched in 1991 and its Foundation in 1995, we have helped thousands of vulnerable people take control of their lives. Over the past two decades the magazine has become synonymous with challenging, independent journalism, and renowned for securing exclusive interviews with the most elusive of superstars. It currently circulates around 100,000 copies every week. Last year alone we put more than £5million in the pockets of our vendors, releasing them from a dependence on hand-outs and providing an alternative to begging.
Created as a business solution to a social problem, The Big Issue has inspired other street papers in more than 120 countries, leading a global self-help revolution.
“Building a world that works for everyone. Challenging, innovating and creating self-help and sustainable business solutions, that dismantle poverty now and for future generations.”
The Big Issue Foundation
The Big Issue Foundation’s mission is to connect vendors with the vital support and personal solutions that enable vendors to rebuild their lives and determine their own pathways to a better and more sustainable future.