We are the UK’s biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest-growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe’s fastest-growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy by Bulb and we’ve now expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIns top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
We are currently running a fully remote interview process due to Covid-19, and we are able to onboard and hire remotely as well.
Read more about our hiring process – it includes interview tips! https://bulb.co.uk/careers/join-the-team/
The Team and the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Reporting Manager to join Bulb’s growing Finance team, at the heart of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies.
We are looking for an experienced qualified accountant who can lead our financial reporting processes and manage our external audit process. This role will work closely with key stakeholders across the business, both in the UK and globally, on various financial reporting matters. This role reports directly to our Group Financial Controller.
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to move into a broad and expanded role within a fast-paced environment.
* Own the process underlying the production of the financial consolidation for the Group on a monthly basis, this includes monthly reporting to the Senior Leadership Team, the Board, lenders and investors
Prepare and review annual statutory financial statements
* Lead the annual audit process
* Finance owner of Bulb’s accounting and consolidation system
* Maintain and develop the Group accounting policies under local GAAP and IFRS
Must have skills
* Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent), ideally with at least 3 years PQE
* Big 4 or Top 10 accounting firm experience
* Confidence in dealing with senior stakeholders across Finance and other teams
* Committed team player and a proven ability to deliver to deadlines with excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with advanced ability to interpret and present findings
* Strong critical thinking and attention to detail
* Problem solver and the ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time effectively
Nice to have skills (but not essential)
* Energy or utilities experience
* Experience working in a fast paced start-up environment
* Experience with Netsuite
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
Cycle to work scheme
One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you’re invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.