Beam is pioneering an incredibly impactful and scalable new model to support disadvantaged people into work.
Launched in late 2017 by an entrepreneur who was previously backed by investors in Facebook, Slack and Deliveroo, Beam is officially Best Tech for Good in Europe.
Today, people have made over 50,000 donations through Beam’s platform. This growth has been achieved with zero marketing spend or hires in BD, growth or marketing.
We want to bring on one person who’s beyond excited at the prospect of growing over 50,000 donations to over 50 million.
Each donation will translate directly into helping the most disadvantaged people in the UK to get back on their feet and become financially independent.
This role reports directly to the Founder and CEO.
Read more about our company culture in Beam Life
As Growth Lead, you will be pivotal in taking Beam to the next stage of scale and social impact.
Who are you?
You’re a super smart generalist with a growth mindset.
You’ve worked on growth or sales in an early stage, high-growth tech startup.
You have a dogged determination and love running at a big challenge.
You fizz with creative ideas. But you also love making ideas happen.
You’re organised and fastidious about testing the right things in the right order.
You love variety – as comfortable manipulating data as picking up the phone.
- Owning metrics around donation volume
- Ensuring donation volume scales, allowing us to deliver social outcomes for beneficiaries
- Owning offline growth experiments, including business development and sales around our growth features like gift cards and fundraisers
- Testing and growing partnerships – outstanding relationship building skills will be key to succeeding in this role
- Owning online growth experiments and channels, prioritising cheaper, savvier growth hacks over paid ads on Google and Facebook – this isn’t a role for a pure performance marketer
- Running an experiment roadmap and defining and running your own experiments to quickly learn
- Ensuring successful experiments are brought elegantly into BAU and are continually refined
- >3 years’ growth, marketing or sales experience in a highly regarded, high-growth (ideally B2C) tech startup
- Strong Google Slides and sales skills, natural relationship builder and an empathetic salesperson
- Highly data-driven – strong Excel skills are essential, with ideally knowledge of SQL and Python
- Strong grasp of PPC and Facebook marketing
- Highly comfortable with tech tools and analytics platforms including Google Analytics
Compensation & Perks
- Highly competitive startup salary of £50-70k – we’re open to hearing from a broad range of experiences
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
- MacBook Air or PC (brand new / recycled)
- Work phone
- £500 annual “Be Amazing” budget to spend on anything that helps you achieve your potential
- Cycle Scheme
- Plenty of Beam merch and books aplenty
- Perkbox perks – discounts and freebies at hundreds of top brands
- Hybrid office – significant flexibility plus the team bonding and fun of a physical space (once government rules allow)
- Fortnightly socials in everything from candle and pizza making to treasure hunts
- Annual team retreat (once government rules allow)
- Unlimited holiday, with a minimum of 20 days per year
- ‘Beam Team Talks’ – monthly talks to the team from pre-eminent figures in tech and other sectors. Speakers include the cofounders of JustGiving, Booking.com, Starling and Shazam.