To apply for this job please visit research.typeform.com.
At Goodsted, we’re on an ambitious journey to become the world’s most engaging, accessible and diverse platform to collaborate on social and environmental development in the next 3 years. This means supporting thousands of non-profits and impact startups to progress with their goals, and enabling thousands of individuals to share their time and skills for good. We have an open community platform for anyone to easily participate, and we use this same platform as a software solution to make it easy for companies to not only engage their employees, but also their customers, suppliers and partners to bring all stakeholders together in progressing social and environmental goals.
We’re early in our journey, but we have already made significant progress. Over the past year, we launched and beta-tested our platform, secured our first clients, built partnerships, received support from accelerators and advisors, and secured some early investment. We’re continuing to refine our platform, and are preparing to officially launch out-of-beta by mid-December 2021, as well as raising our second round of investment.
2022 is going to be the year of growth, as we launch in Manchester and continue to grow across Greater London and other UK cities. At this critical stage, we need to build a robust growth funnel to accelerate lead generation, and nurture leads to bring them closer to becoming our clients in order to have faster sales cycles. This will ensure we can build a sustainable platform, and create the largest positive impact possible.
About the job
We’re looking for a passionate individual to join our team as Growth Marketing Lead. You will be responsible for growing our marketing funnel (PIRATE metrics), using data to create impactful content that generates and nurtures leads. We want to work with people who match our values. We’re looking for ambitious people who are kind, independent thinkers and who put collaboration above competition.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be responsible for building out our growth marketing activities, and amplifying their role in the sales funnel, by curating and generating content to engage new and current leads.
- Deeply understand our clients and partners, and create strategies on how to target them
- Build and execute the go-to-market strategy for each target client group, working closely with the product team and the Founder/CEO.
- Design and develop a growth strategy that combines a combination of online and offline channels.
- Drive acquisition through both paid and organic channels.
- Create new email sequences that are optimised towards meetings booked.
- Build nurturing flow for cold leads to re-engage (or sunset) old/cold leads.
- Work with the Product Manager to identify in-product actions and build onboarding guides and nurturing emails that help prospective clients understand and benefit from Goodsted
- Dive into both qualitative and quantitative data to identify user actions and engagement rates and optimize acquisition and retention flows.
- Act as the voice-of-customer for product teams by collecting customer, competitor and market insights to help prioritise upstream development, ensuring product-market fit
- Work with the whole team to drive product improvements and continuously optimise customer journeys and conversions.
- Manage the marketing strategies and campaigns from end to end with the goal of driving product discovery, awareness, acquisition, engagement and retention within the relevant audiences.
- Set, monitor and optimize towards critical metrics and revenue targets.
- Develop and manage relationships with PR partners and influencers.
- Preparing marketing/press materials to keep them informed of product features and new services.
- Update the team on marketing performance weekly.
Who you are:
- Calm under pressure, enabling you to work on multiple growth projects fragmented into dozens of growth experiments at any one time.
- Inquisitive, open-minded, and curious attitude with the passion to learn and discover every day.
- Deep knowledge of growth technologies and love for staying ahead of the curve.
- An “out of the box” mindset to find the next growth hack.
- Addicted to problem solving. Be ready to get stuck, to struggle and hustle.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- The drive to work in a fast-paced start-up culture.
- A self-starter, willing and able to define and plan your own work with minimal guidance.
What you should have?
- Minimum 2 years experience in marketing or sales (with a demonstrated interest in growth marketing)
- Knowledge of Demand Generation tactics and Lead Conversion principles.
- Prior experience in a similar role as well as hands on experience building effective multi-channel marketing strategies, including affiliate marketing, PPC, SEO, social media and other digital channels.
- Excellent teamwork and project management skills.
- Strong communication skills – written, graphic, and verbal.
- Understanding of PIRATE metrics.
What would be nice for you to have?
- Experience with SaaS startups.
- Experience analyzing data (via Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau, Looker, Snowflake, Google Analytics, MixPanel, Amplitude).
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS.
- Strong knowledge of CRO tools that enable testing in react.js (Google Optimise, Visual Web Optimiser)
- Experience designing and running statistically sound A/B tests.
What do we offer?
Salary: £30k-£40k (depending on experience) + share options
Salary might be lower than larger companies – but in return you will receive equity, independence, and the opportunity to really shape the future of what we’re building.
Goodsted is made up of 11 passionate individuals; a Founder/CEO, a Product Manager, a Community Lead, a CTO, 2 Front-end developers, a Back-end developer, a QA tester, 2 UI Designers and a Graphic Designer, along with 16 advisors who are ready to help when we need them! Check out the full team here. You will be the first member of our Marketing & Sales team, and will work closely with the Founder/CEO, the Product Manager, the Community Lead and the Graphic Designer. You will have the opportunity to build your own team as we grow.
When you become part of Goodsted you can expect:
- Diverse range of clients and partners. You can look forward to engaging with SMEs, Foundations, Corporates, Local Councils and many more
- 2 days each quarter (every 3 months) to share your skills / volunteer through the Goodsted platform
- Learning and development budget to support your career growth and skill development (e.g. courses, conferences, workshops)
- Employee share option program (so you can own a piece of Goodsted!)
- Employee pension scheme
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- 28 days holiday, plus bank holidays and a day off on your birthday
- Personal coaching with MoreHappi for your well being
- Team workshops, and social events
How to apply?
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000