With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for nearly every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that’s been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As we near a public listing milestone that will broaden our market leadership and build on years of innovation, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Director, Hardware Engineering ( based in Campbell, CA USA)
What You Will Be Doing
- Research, design and develop contemporary processor, networking, user interface, sensor, safety, and charging electronics for ChargePoint’s industry-leading products.
- Deliver designs optimized for multiple dimensions including cost, reliability and feature richness.
- Develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to full-scale system design and see those systems through to volume manufacturing and field deployment.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Strong electrical/electronic design skills and understanding of system level engineering tradeoffs.
- Familiarity with AC power systems.
- Experience designing with a variety of peripheral devices and sensors.
- Must be inventive, curious, and creative as well as fanatical about cost, quality, and building market leading products.
- Familiarity with UK & EU safety and regulatory requirements.
- Disciplined design approach across all phases of development.
- Able to drive solutions across software, mechanical, power and thermal boundaries to assure great results.
- Ability to lead engineering teams in establishing solid design practices and processes all way from concept to manufacturing
- Must have a proven, successful record developing complex products placed into production.
- 6+ years of experience developing electronic products with emphasis on industrial applications.
- 3+ years experience with Cadence design tools
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering or related discipline.
- Must be able to travel to the US, Mexico and China
Reading, UK. This role can be based remotely.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.