Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products globally with annual sales turnover in excess of $250 million across 17 territories. Following acquisition in 2015 by Monde Nissin Corporation, we have ambitious plans to become a $1bn dollar company, with growth of more than 15% annually we hope to meet this target by 2027.
Purpose of the role
To coordinate and support the Strategy Implementation of Quorn Foods and manage the portfolio of projects to achieve the agreed business results and targets:
- Assist in defining the right strategy and projects to drive that strategy
- Manage and evaluate the portfolio of ideas and projects to achieve the strategy (“The Right Projects”). Projects include product innovations, cross-functional projects and cost savings/efficiency projects
- Deliver, end to end, the priority projects, by leading a team of 4 activity programme managers who work with cross functional teams to deliver the projects using the Stage-Gat process framework, the activity programme managers manage the Timeline, Budget, Risk and Quality of the project while passing through the gates of desirability, viability, feasibility and launch.
Dimensions of the role
- Accountable for the portfolio management and stage-gate frameworks that enable management and delivery of up to 50 active new or changed product projects and the 3 year innovation pipeline plan
- 4 direct reports
- Delivery of innovation or strategically important projects to meet annual strategic and financial targets supporting business growth
Head of Activity Programme Management:
- Provide leadership and longer-term vision, direction and development and coaching of a team of programme managers, in the development and delivery of innovation, renovation and cost saving / efficiency projects
- In collaboration with the other innovation leadership team members, lead the development and implementation of the project portfolio and delivery frameworks – 3 year plan of platforms, ideas and projects which are business agreed and prioritised.
- Accountable for the governance of Portfolio Management Review and Stage Gate Review meetings with timely agendas, decisions targeted and action focused outcomes from meetings themselves
- Proactive identification of risks and management of issues for the portfolio targeted delivery with agreed mitigation plans. Communication of options and recommendations (including cancellation / movement of projects so that resources can be re-deployed)
- Ensure compliance and coach the effective application of the Activity Management Process for business teams and present concise and accurate information for gate key decision makers
- Drive best practice and improvement initiatives in ways of working to deliver new, or changes to existing, stock keeping units
Key measures and targets:
- Pipeline and sufficiency maintained and reported for delivery of business growth goals
- Delivery of new products or changes to existing products, agreed time, quality and financial targets.
- Creation of high performing team, consistently delivering process efficiently and adding value in the development and delivery of new or changes to existing, stock keeping units
- Promote and support change to ways of working/behaviour and process within function and across other functions to enhance idea to project to market delivery.
- Full company business results on top line growth
- Hold regular team meetings
- Coach and support to team members towards delivery of process and solutions
- Collaborate with the innovation leadership team to drive cross functional team build and delivery of plans
- Influence the management team in the recommendations and risks to develop and deliver the portfolio and projects
- Identify and agree personal development needs
- Take actions to address your personal development needs – being pro-active
- Keep up to date with product/service developments
- Develop project management skills
- Develop risk management
- Develop influencing and communication
- Team / people management experience
- Portfolio Project / product management practices and frameworks with evidence of previous delivery over several examples
- Educated to degree level with excellent leadership, planning, management and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience to impact and influence across multi-functional project teams in addition to the leadership of a team or significant business process or change
- Proven analytical skills to perform portfolio evaluation and facilitate complex problem solving in critical projects
- Experience of project management software / systems
- Project management qualifications in methods are a plus – e.g. Prince2 / Agile
- Strategy consulting experience is a plus
We are offering a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension scheme and life insurance options, Employee Assistance Program, and Staff Shop.