To apply for this job please visit terracycle.breezy.hr.
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 20 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally, and has been highlighted in some of the world’s most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others.
In January 2019, TerraCycle announced its newest initiative, Loop, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging, washed by Loop and refilled by the brands . Loop has engaged many of the world’s largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and Mondēlez) and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop went live in May 2019 in two major markets, one in Europe (Paris) and one in the US (NY,NJ, PA). In July 2020, Loop launched in the UK in partnership with Tesco while announcing plans to expand to Japan, Australia, and Canada.
TerraCycle is looking to hire a Head of Business Development with experience in leadership, project management and proven ability to build and lead successful sales teams.
This role will report to the EVP, Global Business Development at TerraCycle’s Global HQ and to our European General Manager in West London.
- Manage and coach direct reports inspiring performance and results
- Oversee and inspire the European Business Development team (about 10 employees and growing)
- Build, maintain, and effectively manage a healthy sales pipeline of deals
- Understand company operational processes and participate to their improvements
- Attract, develop, and retain top talent to ensure that people with the right skills and motivations are in the right place at the right time to meet business needs.
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand TerraCycle’s offers in the 11 European markets where the company operates (with a focus on the UK and France)
- Build, maintain, and effectively manage a healthy sales pipeline and hit/exceed sales targets
- Research and evaluate potential new partners in the CPG world
- Develop client-specific presentations
- Work with new partners on pricing & finalization of contracts
- Understand the competitive landscape and market trends
- 10+ year experience in agency, CPG, or retail
- 7+ years experience in senior sales management position
- Strong sales and competitive drive with outstanding and proven selling abilities within the European market
- Excellent business acumen and analytical skills with the ability to execute sales strategy in a fast growing company
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and employees
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem-solving, execution, and prioritization skills
- Strong listening and cross-functional collaboration skills, across all levels
- Proven ability to execute complex projects and negotiations
- Timeline-driven with a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven record of managing large, diverse teams
- Inspirational public speaking skills and educated believer in sustainability
- Comfort and experience working in an entrepreneurial environment where innovation is a key to success;
- Demonstrated strengths in communication, leadership, and innovation,
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- English Fluent, another European language (i.e. French, German) strongly desired
- Salaried Position
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
Start date – ASAP
Note: International candidates must hold a valid UK working permit.
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.