As a Director of Business Development, you’re a senior leader at Beam and a highly talented, entrepreneurial all-rounder who thrives on making an impact.
Your goal will be to build a world-class ethical lettings agency, creating partnerships with landlords that provide homeless people with life-changing access to tenancies in the private rental market.
You’re an entrepreneur by nature – this is a role for someone who gets energy from building new things and turning bright ideas into reality.
You’re analytical and strategic, but someone who loves nothing more than rolling up your sleeves to make things happen – whatever that takes.
You’re deeply commercial, and have a stellar track record kicking off or growing revenue lines and refining customer propositions.
You’re confident and articulate, including with the most senior stakeholders, and a superb presenter and communicator.
You’re a people person who’s built measurable, long-term value in a previous role by building enduring professional relationships.
You’re hungry to pioneer the most effective model in history to help homeless people find a place they can truly call home.
This role is based in London and reports to Cofounder and COO, Seb Barker.
- Building a world-class service, Beam Lettings, that supports people into high quality, stable private rented accommodation
- Closing partnerships with partners ranging from individual landlords to market-leading estate agents
- Building and accrediting a network of landlords that can fill their properties using Beam
- Providing a senior point of contact for government partners working on Beam Lettings
- Taking overall responsibility for Beam Lettings KPIs and being a data-driven problem solver while remaining deeply empathic
- Building and leading Beam’s growing team of world-class employees (known as ‘Operations Executives’)
- Overseeing frontline work undertaken by Beam with the homeless people looking to move into a property
- Iterating and optimising elements of the ‘Member Journey’: a set of scalable, operational processes designed to support disadvantaged people into housing and employment
- >3 years high-quality professional experience in a startup or leading corporate in a partnerships, sales or account management role
- Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude – someone who thrives under pressure and in fast-paced environments
- Experience managing, motivating and getting the best out of teams and people
- High level of articulacy and comfortable presenting and with presentation software (eg PowerPoint and/or Keynote)
- No need to write code, but we’ll expect you to be tech-savvy when it comes to using and adopting the best digital tools
- No need to have come from a social enterprise, but we’ll expect you to be passionate about social mobility
- Knocking on doors until one opens – the resilience and determination to find the way to get the job done, however tough
- Highly adaptable, personable and excited to work with people from diverse backgrounds
Nice to have
- Volunteering or paid work with people who’ve experienced homelessness or other disadvantaged groups
- Experience within a highly entrepreneurial environment, ideally as a tech startup cofounder
- Experience and a strong network in the rental market sector
- Strong data-related skills, including with Excel, SQL, GA and other analytics platforms
Compensation & Perks
- £45-60k – we’re open to hearing from people with a broad range of experiences
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
- MacBook Air or PC (brand new/ recycled)
- Cycle Scheme
- £250 annual wellbeing budget
- £200 annual learning and personal development budget
- Beam books & stash
- Perkbox perks – discounts and freebies at top brands
- Beam team talks’ with some of the UK’s leading tech entrepreneurs
- Work-hard, play-hard culture with an annual mini-break (subject to social distancing rules)
We’re a rapidly-growing, high-energy team who love our work and making a positive impact. If you believe in our purpose and want to learn fast and make a real difference, get in touch.