Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
It’s an exciting time to join us. We’ve just raised $30m in Series A investment. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ enables organizations to de-risk business decisions, meet financial disclosure guidelines, improve resilience, and uncover new opportunities to accelerate low-carbon growth.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firms, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive, Lowercarbon Capital, and Astanor Ventures. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
Our marketing team are the chief storytellers for how we position Cervest, Climate Intelligence and our EarthScan product to customers, advocates and other key stakeholders. This is a new marketing team role that offers the unique opportunity to build a content marketing function and team from the ground up. Reporting into the CMO, you will create, execute and iterate Cervest’s content marketing strategy and all related production assets to drive inbound marketing activities across the web. In addition to being Cervest’s Chief Blogger, you will build and manage our company and executive presence on social media.
- Developing a B2B content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing goals
- Designing, creating and producing high performing content, crafting narratives to align with the overall business strategy, editing and ensuring optimal content delivery to reach target audiences
- Creating and delivering engaging written and video content from concept to production to deliver and nurture new enquiries across all stages of the marketing funnel
- Managing content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase reach, engagement, and revenue; ensuring content is produced to optimise channel-specific engagement
- Growing and engaging LinkedIn and Twitter audiences
- Designing and managing the optimum operation model, including tools (i.e.content calendar, style guide), and KPIs
- Partnering with other teams including Product, Science, Customer Success and Public Relations to meet defined audience needs with high quality content
- Adapting existing content for new channels, markets and geographical locations
- Aligning marketing content with in-product educational content for the knowledge base
- Hiring and managing internal and external team resources
- Proofreading and editing all copy for substance, storytelling, audience relevance, tone of voice, brand consistency, and SEO / SEM best practices
- Setting, refining and reporting on key analytics-based performance metrics
- Ensuring compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Staying up-to-date with developments and generating new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- Thinking about user experience and usability, accessibility, writing for the web, and meeting user needs with content
- Management of a Content Writer (to be hired!) and external freelancers/ agencies
- 6+ years of experience creating high-performing inbound marketing content, including at least 2 years in a leadership role, working at or for a B2B company
- Proven results from working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change and shifting variables
- Proven track record of producing high-performing written and video content for owned media channels: blog, newsletter, social media, and website
- Proven ability to ideate new content ideas and to collaborate with others to turn their ideas into compelling content
- Ability to translate complex science and technology concepts into engaging, audience friendly content
- Degree or background in Earth Science or related scientific field with a demonstrable passion for climate and/or sustainability
- Strong content creation skills across a diverse range of topics and mediums including e books, white papers, and blog articles and social media posts
Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
We are a remote first company and looking for candidates who would be able to come to our office in London (once travel is sensible) a few times a year using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
Fuller list of benefits on our main career page – we’re an early-stage startup and currently reviewing our benefits in light of becoming a remote-first company. We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
- 22 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between Christmas and New Year which gives an extra 3-4 days off each year (on top of your 22 days entitlement)
- Remote first company culture
- Flexibility in working times
- £1000 each year to expand your development
- Extensive home office budget
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
- We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.