Help us make a big green dent in the universe
We’re on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We’re expanding our Octopus Energy for Business team. We’re looking for a Head of Corporate Customers (CC) to join the team in London to lead the development of unique and disruptive products for our corporate customers.
Here at Octopus we are changing the landscape of energy and our recent investments in generation and energy flexibility (Octopus Renewables and Upside Energy, now Kraken Flex) have set the stage for our next phase of dramatic growth. We are now looking to combine all our capabilities to offer innovative products to corporate supply customers. As Head of CC, you will be the force behind our growth within the large energy sector.
In the same way that Octopus Energy has disrupted the domestic and SME space, the right candidate will use a tech-led approach to breathe creativity into the I&C energy category that has been tired and full of friction for decades….
What you’ll do
- Develop and manage a disruptive corporate customer business strategy including: (1) pricing strategy across all B2B products (2) contracting through Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) (3) identifying and developing innovative product offerings for corporate customers
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major energy customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities and key decision-makers, to exchange information and ensure that OEB provides the best range and quality of products and services
- Working closely across Octopus Energy Group and within the OEB team to develop creative and unique offerings for corporate customers
- Play a role in shaping the future capabilities of Kraken, our proprietary tech platform, to suit the needs of the innovative new products to be developed
- Provide fresh thinking and guidance in relation to corporate customers and keep the OEB team aware of developments within the I&C industry
- Help manage the existing commercial and pricing team for OEB, including guidance on strategy for all B2B supply products
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop creative partnership and marketing strategies
What you’ll need
- Fresh ideas in a market with little disruption, with the ability to recognise opportunities beyond energy supply that take advantage of the full capabilities of the Octopus Energy Group
- A proven record of success in energy procurement for corporate customers
- Wide knowledge and deep experience in the energy industry, including: (1) pricing strategy, business development and energy contracting (2) experience with multi technology sites (3) an understanding of how optimisation and energy trading can save consumers money (4) an understanding of the technology needed to monitor and optimise operations
- A very high level of commercial awareness, creativity and agility
- Ability to react positively to rapidly changing priorities
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Focus on delivering long-term sustainable customer satisfaction
- A collaborative and cooperative leadership style with the ability to engage and influence colleagues and partners at all levels and create positive relationships with suppliers and customers
- Excellent communication and people management with the ability to tailor communication style to achieve maximum impact
Why else you’ll love it here
- Our company culture – we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment – genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation – we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme – you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture – have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks – we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events – we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents – get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important – we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme – employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme – to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
More about Octopus Energy for Business (OEB)
Octopus Energy is a scale-up electricity and gas supplier in Great Britain, having enjoyed huge success in its first 4 and a half years of existence and now supplies over 1.5 million households and businesses across the UK. Octopus Energy is also part of Octopus Group, the UK’s largest investor in solar farms and the third largest investor in renewable generation overall. The solar farms they’ve funded generate 40% of all the UK’s large scale solar, enough to power over a quarter of a million homes (when the sun shines!). They’ve also invested in wind generation, anaerobic digestion plans and “rapid response” gas generation to help balance supply when there’s no wind and sun.
Within Octopus Energy sits Octopus Energy for Business (OEB), who supply businesses from small independent coffee shops and schools all the way up to the likes of the National Space Centre and the Emirates Stadium. Their innovative approach to business energy has seen the launch of a number of successful products. These include Electric Juice, a dynamic tariff for the UK’s electric charging networks and Panel Power, a product for businesses with solar PV looking to decentralise their energy usage to name but a few.
A role with Octopus is a chance to join an exciting scale-up company within the energy supply sector, and one that is well placed to take advantage of the rapidly changing energy landscape. They enjoy the best of both worlds: backing from a large, well-capitalised business with access to highly experienced and talented individuals, all whilst retaining the dynamic environment and energetic team that characterises start-up ventures.
If you this role sounds like you and you have a genuine passion in the future of sustainability then we’d love to hear from you.
At Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.