Role title: Head of Customer Services, OVO Home Services
Location: Perth – 2/3 days a week in the office
The OVO Group’s mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach zero, we need everyone to come together. Not as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal.
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
As part of OVO Group, OVO Home Services is one of the leading providers of Home Emergency Insurance to over 300,000 homes. We’re here to keep the UK’s essential home services running, street by street, home by home. Doing our bit to make everyday life easier. Being here for people when they need us most. And making sure every home works brilliantly, no matter what it takes.
However, bringing people exceptional service and clever ways to save money, isn’t easy. We need the brightest brains and the best kind of people to help us.
What will I be doing?
As Head of Customer Services you will focus on delivering excellent customer experience through the leadership of a 24/7/365 operation that manages complex home emergency claims and boiler servicing for our SSE customers, and boiler installations activity for our CORGI HomeHeat business. You will be responsible for the achievement of business performance targets, delivery of improvements and efficiencies and the successful integration of our SSE Home Services business to a new operating model, as part of an exciting integration programme.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading an effective management team of Customer Services Managers and Team Leaders through significant transformation, ensuring the Customer Services team, key suppliers and subcontractors are are directed, monitored and measured in an accurate and timely manner to deliver excellent customer experience in a ‘No Surprises’ Environment
- Financial management and resource forecasting and planning for the Customer Services function; to allocate future resources beneficially to CHP business and to introduce a clear method to achieve these plans
- Management of key external suppliers and corporate functions supporting the Home Services business
- Strategy; to help build and execute a departmental strategic plan and to drive CHP business to its long-term objectives
- Driving the ethos and culture of Treating Customers Fairly and all other core values through all policies, process and decision-making activity
- Developing future management capability and support individuals in the team to fulfill their potential
- Collaborating with other functions to enable achievement of performance targets and deliver improvements and efficiencies across the department and wider business
- Working to reduce process exceptions, escalations and rework by identifying and prioritising development needs to ensure continuous improvement
- Identifying barriers to great performance and work with a range of internal stakeholders to ensure the customer experience is positive at all touch points
- Effectively managing external stakeholder relationships as required
Is this the job for me?
Ideally you will be:
- Significant experience of managing within a fast paced contact centre environment, ideally in a regulated environment, and delivering across multiple management levels
- Comfortable and have experience in managing transformation and change
- An inspirational leader; someone who can build an engaging and high performing culture
- Analytical and have a high attention to detail, with prior experience in budget management and resource forecasting and planning
- Degree qualified (desirable)
- Experience working in a regulated industry, for example, financial services (desirable)
This role is an FCA certified function so it is also essential that you are able to meet the FCA’s ‘good repute’ requirements.
OVO believes in fueling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo.
Diverse teams are the best teams
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds: the more inclusive we are the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.