Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
We’re backed by leading investors, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive Capital, Lowercarbon Capital, Astanor Ventures, and Marc Benioff. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
Cervest is looking to hire a Head of Data Engineering to manage and grow the current high performing team of engineers responsible for the current set of data pipelines and services. This person will need to work closely with their counterparts in other engineering teams as well as with stakeholders within the organisation, to create an environment of excellence within which the data engineering team will operate. This is a key role at Cervest and an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s most exciting, mission-driven startups.
- Leading, scaling and growing engineering teams
- Building a shared understanding of our problem space
- Coaching team members and being responsible for career progression
- Build consensus around your ideas and convey information effectively
- Support engineers in making the best architecture and product decisions
- Shaping, building and adherence to data engineering standard methodologies & principles
- Managing relationships with Product Owners to ensure we have the right skills to deliver
- Experience managing, scaling and mentoring teams
- A leadership philosophy grounded in leading by example and empowering others
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Experience or education in a numerical field
- A good understanding of Cloud Infrastructure and Implementation patterns
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, best practices and design philosophies
- Significant past hands-on experience of software engineering – building, operating and scaling software in a product-centric, agile environment
- (optional) Experience of productionising complex scientific models
- (optional) Experience in launching and managing overseas or remote engineering teams
- (optional) Experience shipping and managing highly available systems
We’re proud to offer a wide range of benefits including a work from home setup stipend, holistic mental health support, an annual development budget of £1k and a plant for every team member. Some of the benefits you can expect whilst working with us are:
- Competitive salary
- 22 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between Christmas and New Year which gives an extra 3-4 days off each year (on top of your 22 days entitlement)
- Remote first company culture
- Flexibility in working times
- £1000 each year to expand your development
- Extensive home office budget
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
- We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.