Highview Power is a small but growing global organisation who are leading the way towards a cleaner, more efficient and secure energy future.
Our proprietary long duration, zero emissions energy storage system utilises cryogenic technology and surplus electricity; at times of low demand/low cost, to make liquid air which can be stored and later converted back into energy and released into the grid, at times of high demand/high cost.
This award-winning technology has been dubbed as “the missing link” to making Renewable Green Energy sources a more resilient, reliable and cost-effective option when compared with traditional fossil fuel alternatives.
Highview Power value their employees and are committed to creating a positive, inspiring and inclusive working environment.
About the Role
The Head of EPC Project Engineering will report to the EPC Director and provide project engineering function support in the execution of EPC projects ensuring technical engineering integrity.
In return, Highview Power will provide the successful candidate with training and development opportunities, competitive salary….. and the chance to join us while we build a cleaner, greener, better future for everyone.
- Manage and develop the EPC Project Engineering team and wider function
- Work closely with the Technology group to ensuring technology is accurate, secured and implemented within EPC projects
- Develop EPC projects through all phases of project development
- Assurance that EPC contracts meet HV technology requirements
- Ensure technical integrity through compliance with recognised international engineering standards
- Conduct engineering audits of EPC contractors
- Ensure the capability and competency of selected EPC contractors through reviews
- Explore opportunities for technology engineering improvements
- Manage engineering design change and related activities
- Develop HV project engineering processes and procedures with quality in mind
- Prepare and deliver project engineering monthly reports
- Facilitate efficiency improvement, cost reduction and enhanced execution schedules
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of general tasks and duties, and that the job description may be subject to changes according to the requirements of the organisation. The job holder will be expected to complete all tasks within his/her level of skill and ability.
- A relevant Engineering BSc Degree
- Extensive Project Engineering Management experience gained from the process, natural resource, industrial gas or power generation industries
- Cryogenic engineering design experience
- UK and EU EPC/EPCM experience in the delivery of projects across all phases including concept, FEED, Execution, Commissioning and Handover
- EPC Total Installed Cost [TIC] experience of projects with TIC of £30mill to £350mill
- Experience in management of multi-contract engineering interfaces
- Experience of managing and developing EPC engineering teams
- A relevant Engineering MSc Degree
- Chartered Engineer status
- Industrial gas industry experience
- Cryogenic research and development experience
- Team behaviours which are supportive of a team ethos
- EPC delivery focused
- Genuine interest in the environment, sustainability and renewable energy
- Good communication skills across project teams and stakeholder communities
- The chance to make a difference!
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave
- Auto enrolment pension (after 3 months’ service)
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Training & development opportunities