As Beam’s Head of Government Delivery, you’re a senior leader at Beam and a highly talented, people-person, who thrives on building teams while making a huge impact individually to further enhance Beam’s reputation.
Ensuring Beam continues to pioneer world-class service delivery for our Government partners is key. We’re frequently told that Beam sets the standard for how it should be when commissioning services within homelessness – and we’re just getting started!
Day to day this will involve supporting a talented team of Delivery Managers to deliver contracts with Government partners in London – and beyond!
You’ve created measurable, long-term value in a previous role by building strong professional relationships. You’re confident and articulate with senior stakeholders and a superb presenter and communicator.
You’re intuitive, strategic and commercial, with a stellar track record tapping new funding streams and refining partner propositions.
An excellent working knowledge of the public sector’s structure means you have a solid understanding of the metrics required for effective reporting.
Supporting your team to achieve super ambitious outcomes, you’ll be excited to get hands-on in areas that could be performing better and will work closely with the wider team to experiment and troubleshoot.
This is an interim role while our current Head of Government Delivery is on maternity leave. This is an initial 9-12 month contract with potential for the position to become permanent at the end of the cover.
This role is based in London and reports to Cofounder and COO, Seb Barker.
Read more about our company culture in Beam Life
● Positioning Beam as a sector leader within our current and growing network of government partners
● Leading on creating and delivering presentations to senior staff within Government departments, to:
- cement Beam’s standing as a lead partner in their housing strategy plans
- ensure Government customers are keen to renew and enlarge contracts
● Exploring and developing new business opportunities with Government partners to adapt Beam’s service in line with client demand, strategic priorities and government funding opportunities
● Build an Implementation Playbook that captures learning around how to cement Beam as the go to service for new groups and markets
● Directly manage and support a growing team of Government Delivery Managers across all areas of commissioned work, with a particular focus on:
○ Experimentation – driving creative, weekly brainstorms to support the team to share, develop and test ideas that allows Beam’s work to scale and improve overall delivery
○ Exceeding targets – implementing ambitious KPIs relevant to the commissioned work (number of people accessing Beam’s services, NPS scores, renewal ratio, revenue generated), engaging a more hands-on approach where required
○ Coaching & co-leading – support Government Delivery Managers to implement new contracts and prepare for monitoring meetings with the creation of high quality content and reports
- >3 years high-quality professional experience in a startup or leading corporate in a partnerships, sales or account management role
- Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude – someone who thrives under pressure and in fast-paced environments
- Partnerships pro – a strong sense of intuition, which allows you to quickly and appropriately build positive relationships with external stakeholders
- High level of articulacy and comfortable presenting and compiling beautiful, story-led slide decks
- Confident using Excel or equivalent to evaluate performance and model Beam’s potential impact on new areas of work
- Tech-savvy when it comes to using and adopting the best digital tools
- Resilient and determined to find ways to breakthrough in new or slower areas of work
- Experience managing, motivating and getting the best out of teams and people
Compensation & Perks
- Highly competitive startup salary of £45-55k – we’re open to hearing from a broad range of experiences
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
- MacBook Air or PC (brand new / recycled)
- Work phone
- £500 annual “Be Amazing” budget to spend on anything that helps you achieve your potential
- Cycle Scheme
- Plenty of Beam merch and books aplenty
- Perkbox perks – discounts and freebies at hundreds of top brands
- Hybrid office – significant flexibility plus the team bonding and fun of a physical space (once government rules allow)
- Fortnightly socials in everything from candle and pizza making to treasure hunts
- Annual team retreat (once government rules allow)
- Unlimited holiday, with a minimum of 20 days per year
- ‘Beam Team Talks’ – monthly talks to the team from pre-eminent figures in tech and other sectors. Speakers include the cofounders of JustGiving, Booking.com, Starling and Shazam.