Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers’ feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Spin is looking for a Head of Government Partnerships who will work closely with the Global Head of Government Partnerships and our business team to lead and provide strategic direction for EMEA markets.
- Help Spin expand its products and services to new cities.
- Tailor messaging to communicate benefits of micro-mobility to various stakeholders.
- Creating new business leads and converting inbound inquiries into opportunities.
- Contacting potential clients by email/phone/social media/conferences to create opportunities.
- Building strong rapport with clients to drive long-term relationships, including city staff, elected officials, and community groups.
- Lobby for regulations that are sensible and benefit Spin’s operations.
- Transfer knowledge to Spin’s Operations team to ensure compliance with local regulations.
- Dedicated and driven to closing the deal and growing our company quickly and responsibly.
- Tracking the regions’ progress, including leading the company’s CRM and reporting efforts.
- Develop content to support presentations, email campaigns, conference booths, etc.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of time.
- Lead the EMEA Government Partnerships team, building efficient team processes and fostering a culture that represents Spin’s values.
- Build an industry-leading account management process to retain clients and grow market presence.
- 12+ years of experience in Urban Planning, Business Development, Government Relations in a relevant industry (Tech, Transportation, Government, Education, Sustainability), with a Bachelor’s Degree. 8+ years of experience in the above fields with a Master’s Degree.
- 5+ years of experience leading a team in Urban Planning, Business Development, Government Relations in a relevant industry (Tech, Transportation, Government, Education, Sustainability).
- Strong proposal writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge and design skills in Google products, and Microsoft Suite.
- Experience winning deals and/or championing projects that involve complex policy and technology elements.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain attention to detail.
- Experience navigating bureaucracy and interacting with various partners.
- Experience in public speaking, especially in front of elected officials.
- Thorough attention to detail when analyzing regulatory frameworks, and the ability to strategically lobby for policies that benefit Spin.
- Fluent reading, writing and speaking in English and one other language, with working knowledge of a third language.
- Experience managing an international team of highly experienced partnerships or government relations staff.