To apply for this job please visit carbontracker.org.
Carbon Tracker’s mission is to help markets and state actors align energy system capital allocation to the finite planetary limits of the Paris Agreement. Their success is measured by their ability to mobilise investors, policymakers and regulators into action around climate risk resulting in an orderly wind down of fossil fuels. Their analysis of unburnable carbon, stranded assets, and wasted capital has reframed the debate around climate change risk.
We are looking for an experienced, forward-looking and entrepreneurial Head of Investor Outreach expert with an extensive background within the European investment and energy/ESG themes. This exciting and newly created marketing/specialist sales role will lead in building out a new workstream to distribute and amplify our analysis, engaging and harnessing European investor audiences.
- Develop a clear and impactful engagement strategy, plan and target list for Europe
- Initiate and drive our outreach programme with institutional investors in Europe, informing the direction and narrative of future work identifying the evolving information requirements of investors
- Develop, oversee and lead the management of key financial institutional relationships, covering interests primarily in Europe.
- Understand, pitch, market and present our work aiming to build and maintain strong relationships with key financial institutions, influence and move the markets to a climate secure future.
- Represent us at relevant industry events, conferences and meetings, be an ambassador for the work, this will involve travelling as and when the Covid-19 situation allows.
- Be the key point of contact enquiries from investors and buy-side teams on all matters relating to our research in conjunction with the research team.
- Coordinate with wider team to ensure efficient engagement with investor networks, investor climate initiatives etc. as appropriate.
- Help identify research products and tools that could be based on Carbon Tracker’s analytics that help advance and embed our research in investor decision making and risk assessment processes, drive product partnerships.
- Reputable industry experience in a similar client facing role within a financial services provider, e.g. Investment Banking, Hedge Fund, Investment Management
- Preferably an established reputation and authority in financial circles.
- Credible in forming data-driven, technical and financial arguments that impact the macro picture.
- Domain knowledge of fossil fuels, renewables and power industry preferred
- Passion for the cause and an advocate for our mission, vision, goals and theory of change.
- Demonstrable track record as a self-starter who is driven to grow the role and increase responsibilities.
In focusing minds and decisions on risks and opportunities associated with the transition from the fossil fuel to the new energy industry, this role directly will help drive change towards a climate secure energy and financial system.
Apply via Acre.
If you feel you have the experience required and are passionate about the need to help markets understand and qualify the risks associated with overshooting the ‘carbon budget’ of cumulative emissions and further destabilising the global climate, please send an email today to Andrew Mullins via firstname.lastname@example.org.