Location: London, EC4A (currently remote working)
Contract: Permanent, full time (open to flexible working)
Accountable to: Head of Engagement
Salary: £75,500 – £82,750 (depending on experience)
Overall purpose of the role
This is a pivotal role within Big Society Capital’s mission to build an effective social impact investment ecosystem and is at the leading edge of the impact investing movement globally. You will lead on Big Society Capital’s investor relationship management and capital raising strategy focused on increasing the supply of capital into social impact investment among all types of investors.
The role will drive their investor relationship strategy with investors across investor types as well as lead external fundraising activity for BSC including on managed investment products such as the recently launched Schroders BSC Impact Investment Trust. You will be responsible for future product development to open opportunities for investors interested in genuine impact across a wide range of investment areas. These extend from property investment tackling homelessness to outcomes contracts improving public service and venture funds enabling life-changing social innovation. You will also be responsible for our strategy to build knowledge, awareness and encourage investors more widely to make social impact investments and where appropriate become partners and investors in BSC investments and products.
The three key objectives for the role are (i) To identify new, and build on existing, channels of social impact investors including into BSC managed products or solutions (ii) Lead and support team members on investor engagement work across different investor groups (iii) Lead on development of new products which meet investors needs.
- Build relationships with investors and their advisers who wish to make impact investments
- Working with external stakeholders to drive the impact investing agenda across different investor groups from philanthropic and mission-first investors, through to institutional investors by identifying and developing new partnerships and new products across the social impact sector
- Identify barriers and work with BSC and in partnership with relevant organisations to facilitate investors to access social investment opportunities
- Play a lead role in managing client and investor relationships with the Schroders Investment Trust team as part of the Schroders BSC Impact Trust
- Lead on communications to investors and reporting on Client products including the Schroders BSC Impact Trust supported by the communications team.
- Take responsibility for leading, supporting and building a team of initially three or four colleagues focused on further developing the social impact investor movement
- Excellent client relationship management skills together with well-developed business development skills. Proven experience working with multiple investor types. Recent experience of fundraising for private market investment products is essential
- The ability to understand and synthesise the social investment product set and to compare/contrast with mainstream financial investment opportunities
- An experienced decision maker who is comfortable recommending strategic decisions at leadership level. Will be highly organised, with strong problem-solving skills and a focus on solutions
- Experience in managing a high performing team. You will be a collegial, team player with a supportive approach and desire to develop one’s team members. Has hunger to continue their personal L&D across the social investment market.
- Strong proven interest in social Investment and impact investment more generally and passionate about building a more responsible investment market. Ideally holds some experience across the UK social sector e.g. trustee role or volunteering
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentational – able to transform complex messages into clear communications for a variety of audiences
The role is part of the senior leadership team at Big Society Capital and will work across the whole organisation particularly with members of the investment group to develop BSC’s offering for investors. If you have the relevant skills and experience listed above and would like to deploy those in an organization to adding huge value to
the impact investing sector please get in touch today.
For more information please contact Gemma Finegold at our recruitment partner, Acre via gemma.finegold.@acre.com.