To apply for this job please visit careers.quorn.com.
Quorn currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Nutrition Science to join our team in Stokesley.
Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products globally with annual sales turnover in excess of $250 million across 17 territories.
As we look to continuously expand our R&D capability, the business is seeking a visionary leader with a strong track record of developing & driving implementation of nutrition policy, strategy, communications. You will direct our nutrition science research & translate results into actionable insights – driving innovation and a clear evidence base for communications and brand messaging.
You will present an ability to recruit, develop & deploy nutrition science talent to support a wide-range of business needs. The role will require a significant degree of international travel, cross-functional interfaces with peers and with senior management significant external engagement at a senior influencing level.
We are a very fast moving, agile & growing organisation, therefore you will need to operate at pace and help us continuously reach our short & long-term business objectives.
This position sits within our R&D & Leadership teams, reporting into our R&D Director. You will be working closely with various internal functions across Marketing, Sales, R&D & Communications.
Key responsibilities as our Head of Nutrition Science include:
– Providing nutrition leadership and expertise.
– Partnering with the leadership teams to provide nutrition expertise and foresight to support new product introduction and the attainment of human sustainability commitments, portfolio transformation and business growth.
– Developing and owning nutrition governance within product development.
– Providing critical business-focused insights to support portfolio development and partner with Insights, R&D, marketing to drive future growth.
– Partnering with brand teams & R&D to provide expertise on nutrition composition, fortification, novel ingredients, nutrition and health claims and translate nutrition science into compelling business opportunities that differentiate the portfolio and provide competitive opportunities.
– Providing leadership and project management skill to ensure appropriate team resources are assigned to addressing brand, market, global and overall business priorities.
– Proactively managing external nutrition science issues that impact Quorn Foods, partnering with the comms on strategic initiatives and on stakeholder engagement.
– Play an active role in building Quorn Food’s external reputation for nutrition science.
– Partnering with brand teams to develop and support brand communications for new product launches and services.
– Capitalising on existing, and build and maintain new, external networks to uncover nutrition technologies and platforms to differentiate products and support business growth.
– Providing nutrition expertise during M&A due diligence.
Skills and experience required for our Head of Nutrition Science:
– Hold a PhD in Nutrition or closely related subject with functional expertise in nutrition science and policy development
– Minimum 15 years experience in industry or research/academia with business relevant activity and proven track record of success, demonstrating impact and influence.
– Ability to work cross-functionally with technical and business partners.
– A detailed understanding of the external environment and ability to influence and negotiate to protect business interests.
– Recognised as a credible thought-leader and able to communicate effectively to external stakeholders
– Must have a strong and well-developed network, with a visible presence across multiple external stakeholders
Our Benefits Include:
25 days holiday, competitive salary, private medical, life insurance & pension contribution.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience to join us as our Head of Nutrition Science, please click ‘apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!