What is Sylvera?
Sylvera is bringing transparency to the opaque voluntary carbon markets by using satellite data and machine learning algorithms to accurately assess the performance of carbon offset projects. This transparency helps scale a global market primed for 15-100x growth in the coming 10 years.
In just over a year, Sylvera has (i) built partnerships with high-profile corporates, the World’s leading carbon exchanges and NASA-JPL, (ii) secured investment from Europe’s top VC fund, and (iii) built an extraordinary team.
What will I be doing?
As our Head of Operations and Strategy, you will work closely with our founders, Allister (ex-Bain, ex-EF Europe Lead, PhD in Machine Learning) and Sam (ex-Akin Gump/Baker McKenzie Investment Funds Lawyer (incl. ESG funds)). You will be responsible for setting up and scaling Sylvera’s operational infrastructure (Finance, Legal Talent, People Ops, General Ops and Production Operations) and progressively in supporting the setting and development of Sylvera’s strategy.
After your first month at Sylvera you will have…
- Highlighted key organisational bottlenecks at Sylvera and began to tackle them head on.
- Started to get a handle on the Company’s operational functions, and progressively taken over the reins from Sam.
- Familiarised yourself with the fundamentals of carbon offsetting / climate policy, and begun to contribute to high-level discussions.
After your first three months you will have…
- Designed and implemented processes that solve today’s problems, whilst being scalable for tomorrow’s challenges.
- Worked closely with the Co-Founders to breakdown complex strategic problems, and identify optimal solutions. This will progressively translate into your growing input into Sylvera’s strategic direction.
- Begun hiring, training and leading an A-team of functional experts.
- Taken full ownership of Sylvera’s Operations.
After your first year…
- Outline plans to manage the next wave of growth – internationalisation, partnerships and new markets.
- Play a key role in closing our next fundraising round.
- Developing and hiring leadership whom you can start to offload responsibilities as your role grows and evolves.
- Have built out a formal ‘strategy’ function for Sylvera.
- Act as the CEO’s / COO’s right hand – trusted to deliver in the most challenging environments.
- 8+ years of experience in a high-performing work environment.
- Both Operational and Strategic experience – Likely early career in Finance / Consulting, before spending several years in an Operating role.
- Can demonstrate the ability to work independently and build / lead a team.
- Comfortable moving between strategic thinking and operational delivery.
- Super organised, with a proven ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytic and communication skills.
- A healthy dose of common-sense, and a high EQ.
- Really cares about ensuring our planet is habitable for the next generation
- Previous experience taking a company from Seed to Series B+
Equal employment opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Highly competitive package + options.
Benefit scheme coming soon.