Higher Steaks’ mission is to create real meat without harming our health, planet and animals. Our solution consists of using state-of-the-art cell culture techniques to produce meat of the highest quality. Higher Steaks is a mission, science and engineering-driven company that addresses some of the biggest global challenges. We have a passionate, curious and innovative team of world experts that are dedicated to creating the breakthrough technologies that this field needs! Having made significant progress and recently close a funding round, Higher Steaks’ is entering a rapid growth phase, meaning its an excellent time to join us!
We are seeking a Head of People to help us scale our team while building the best culture in alternative proteins.
You will be working closely with our CEO and part of the leadership team to bring our values to life, create new hiring strategies, develop our talent. You will work both on short and long term strategies. You will design a people strategy and vision that supports a high-performance culture for now, whilst ensuring that the organisation is set up for scale in the years to come. You will work on creating an employer brand that attracts the very best talent and means the best people stay to develop their careers, making the business a recognised talent developer within the industry. The role is a great combination of hands on and strategic, and would suit someone with a commercially driven and growth mindset. This is a role for someone truly passionate about building teams and delivering an exceptional experience.
You will :
- Help initiate creative and scalable changes to our existing recruiting strategy
- Ensure hiring excellence, consistent processes and a positive candidate experience and oversee the development of a strong and strategic employee value proposition
- Work with the leadership team to ensure the right people are in the right roles at the right time and that employees are managed and developed to effectively achieve business goals
- Own the talent pipeline strategy
- Develop and deliver excellent onboarding programme for new hires
- Develop and deliver excellent onboarding and training programmes for new hires and existing employees
- Develop a performance improvement framework
You should apply if you have:
- Strong prior experience in a head of people or recruitment role, ideally with experience of leading or managing others
- Proven track record of influencing and advising leadership and management on talent and other employment matters
- Experience recruiting technical talent across multiple disciplines, with hands-on experience of sourcing, interviewing, and evaluating candidates while conveying a compelling employee proposition.
- Ability to adapt to different scenarios as required – resilience, flexibility and direct communication are essential in some settings, whereas empathy, patience and tact are required for others
- Ability to shift priorities based on the current business needs and to make progress in a timely manner on multiple, concurrent projects
- Practical experience across key People priorities: talent, performance, compensation and benefits, org design, org development, communications and engagement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness
- Incredible organisational skills; superb attention to detail
- Experience in a high growth business
- Experience in a biotech startup
This position can be part remote.
- Snacks, fruits, coffee and more!
- Share options
- Quizzes and other fun team activities
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- Cycle-to-work scheme and gym membership
- “Make your work life easier” annual stipend
- Flexible hours
Higher Steaks recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and HigherSteaks Limited retains the discretion to modify.