Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
It’s an exciting time to join us. We’ve just raised $30m in Series A investment. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ enables organizations to de-risk business decisions, meet financial disclosure guidelines, improve resilience, and uncover new opportunities to accelerate low-carbon growth.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firms, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive, Lowercarbon Capital, and Astanor Ventures. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
Our People Operations and Talent (People Ops) team is enabling a period of hypergrowth by bringing on a significant number of new team members and ensuring that our existing team members are continuously developing, highly engaged team members who bring their best selves to work each day so that we can solve thorny problems.
In line with the rest of Cervest, the People Ops team is growing and we are looking for an experienced Head of People who will lead the team through the next phases of growth. You will be accountable for finding, developing, engaging and retaining the Cervest team across the world whilst championing our company values and driving our People strategy.
With a team of ~80 people already and more on the way across the UK, US and Europe this role is key to ensuring our ability to scale effectively and build on the strong culture we have developed to date by working with all areas of the business and at all levels to coach, develop and augment our team members through talent partnering, operational HR, employee engagement and learning and development with diversity, equity and inclusion integral to your work.
- Develop and own the Cervest people strategy with buy in across the company, including identification of key metrics and transparent reporting of these.
- Continue scaling our talent function with flexibility so that we can reach, assess and secure the best candidates across all of the geographies we work in.
- Drive best-in-class performance management process.
- Drive strong employee engagement with a clear focus on meaningful approaches that provide demonstrated uplift in development areas and maintain our current strengths.
- Act as a champion for our remote-first culture and values, ensuring that these are embedded throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Build our learning and development capabilities to best-in-class, taking tailored approaches that reflect our diverse and deep skillsets.
- Develop coaching programmes to support flexible learning for team members and serve as a trusted partner to colleagues across the company.
- Ensure that approaches which foster diversity, equity and inclusion are built in to all levels and teams across the company with measurable results.
- Provide useful data to help guide decision making, and allow the company to scale effectively and efficiently.
- Manage the People Ops and Talent team leads and support them in their team management.
- Experience running a People Ops & Talent team in a fast-paced, rapidly scaling tech environment of 100+ people
- A customer-centric mindset and outcome focused approach
- Clear understanding of HR/People best practices in the UK and knowledge of or willingness to learn about the same in the US as well as working with partners to deliver the same in every territory in which we have team members
- Demonstrable knowledge of creating a culture that prizes diversity, equity and inclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to transparently communicate, influence and persuade
- An ability to both build consensus and take decisions with a focus on pragmatism
- A data and evidence driven approach to decision making that prizes the human whilst considering the needs of the organisation at all times
Nice to have:
- Scale-up experience in AI/deep tech companies
- Knowledge of and interest in sustainability/climate tech
Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
We are a remote first company and looking for candidates who would be able to come to our office in London (once travel is sensible) a few times a year using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
Full list of benefits available on our website.